Monday, February 13, 2012

Broken...

hearted...  thats the way I've felt all weekend.  We had over a foot of snow Saturday and Sunday.  I personally love the snow, I love to drive in it - especially before the plows are out in the morning, I love to shovel it, and I love to play in it, but for the cats, thats another story.  I see these poor creatures come out of some pretty rough spots trying to stay warm and dry - the locations where I don't have a shelter, or an ideal one - which is few to begin with - some of the snow is higher than the cats, so they have to try to navigate through it, and when they get to where they are going, the food that was left there is now covered deep with it.  I got a lot of towels over the two days that were snow covered and wet and frozen, and layed a lot of dry ones down.  I shouldn't complain because its been a very mild winter, but days like these, where I am sure these cats are overstressed, and my toes are frozen after the first half hour of being out in the temperatures in the teens and 20s.

I asked someone to rate me on positivity the other day, they said they would give me about a 7 or 8 being on a scale of 1 as negative and 10 as positive - they said I didn't get a 10 due to my sadness when its bad out weatherwise.  Otherwise, I do consider my self a very happy and positive person.  I have hope for the future.

I also visited a shelter in Buffalo this weekend - yes, I had to take Emma (Cynthia now as she was named by the neighbors who cared for her while we tried to find her home) there due to no response from anyone to take her.  No one claimed this little homeless stray.  The shelter is a no-kill shelter and after I left, I realized this place was what I dream of for myself.  I will tell you about it in my next post as I am so late getting myself out the door for work.  I have high hopes that Emma/Cynthia will be a very happy kitty after she gets out of 'observation'.   Ten Lives Club is amazing.  I will tell you more, and share some pics I took this weekend with you tomorrow. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment