Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spread the Love

Goodmorning. I have seconds this morning as I have to drive an hour to Newark for work.  No fun.  No sign of very sick kitty this morning.  I tried, with one hand holding the carrier, and the other the food.  I have no idea where he is.  When I first go back behind the house and close to the board, I listen for his breathing, which you can definitely hear.  And then I shine my flashlight under the board to see him, and he is usually sitting there.  I wonder if cats can die from this, and I wonder if he has.  I pray for him each day that he is not suffering. 

The other cat that I have to feed near the street when I first get there so that he doesn't disturb my trapping of sick kitty behind the house I've named Jackson.  He just looks like a Jackson.  This morning Jackson, as I got into my car very disappointed once again, followed me and climbed right in.  He always stands on my chest as I am sitting there with the car running, luxuriating in the warmth and loving the heavy petting!  :)  Its a crime I have to leave cats like this.  I beg of each and every one of you to spread the word, to your friends, and then their friends, and the friends of their friends, and the friends of the friends of their friends - ok, I know....  but you get my drift.  Please spread the word far and wide about adopting a cat.  They don't deserve to live in outdoor conditions that they are barely surviving in now.  They are throwaway cats by ignorant people, and they need loving homes.  Spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on spreading the word! It's sickening that people can be so cruel, especially to abandon a cat like Jackson, bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete