Thursday, February 2, 2012

Desperate Measures

Well, its another day and I have to drive about 40 miles outside of Rochester to an affiliate of the hospital I work at.  I love the drive, but its extra wear and tear on my car that I don't need.  And its a little over a quarter tank of gas, approximately half a tank to get there and back.  I take the back roads to cut down on the stress level I feel when I have to drive and people insist on either going under the speed limit or they feel the need to drive in the left lane, the passing lane, even though they are not passing anyone.  I am not aggressive, but I am a good driver and I like following rules.  I like to break them occasionally too, but I tend to follow them more.

This morning was slightly odd, normally its rather dull, but I encountered a young man who came out of the front of the house where I feed in back of the house.  There was a car with two young women waiting for him, and as I got out, he said to me, where do you deliver from?  I was confused, and I said 'uh - my house?" and after a few more words, I told him I fed the cats and am friends with Wally (as this was in front of Wally's house).  He said a few unintelligible things, but was OK, and got in the car and took off.  I could tell he was nice, in that brief exchange.  And off I went to feed the fluffy one that waits for me between the two houses there.  At my next few stops, nothing unusual, Big Red was waiting for me, as well as Talky.  She meows a lot when I just pull up, maybe happy to see me? 

But at my next stop on the corner, I could tell something was off.  Its the spot where I see some crazy dishes and stuff and this person moves my stuff around, and now, this morning, the second carrier I've placed on the porch was gone, and the door I had propped up against the house with straw under it was thrown to the front lawn.  Who ever goes there each day and moves things around is a nutcase.  I would LOVE to drive by there sometime and see who is doing it.  Again, I am fearless.  I don't know if thats good or bad.  But the other thing I am is CAREFUL.  So, don't worry Mom...  :)

The kitty I found on Sunday by my garage is still being cared for by my neighbors, but they must move her out of their bathroom soon, and its just not good for the kitty to be in such a tiny enclosure for over five days now.  Still trying to come up with an alternative to taking her to a shelter.  I was told about a no-kill shelter in Batavia.  But then she would be in a cage, of they can even take her.  This is the SWEETEST little kitty in th world.  A real lap cat.  Very young and very thin.  Her picture is a post or two ago.  Please pass the word.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment