Monday, February 6, 2012

The Monday Scoop

Lots going on, but number one, the kitty that showed up in my yard a week ago yesterday, the one that my neighbors have been keeping in their tiny bathroom, has been given a reprieve.  She was all set to go to a shelter in Batavia but neighbors wanted to keep trying to find her a home for one more week.  They will not give in to take her, and I myself CANNOT due to many circumstances, but she is just the sweetest, most loveable little lap cat that deserves a home, not a cage in a shelter.  As it is, I am still trying to find homes for Rufus, Midnight, Buster and Buddy.  They are all awfully sweet kitties too, just so deserving.  Speaking of kitties needing homes, as I pulled up to Second, the kitty that
I told you about that has to have been dumped, because she is just so friendly, yet she runs out from under the porch where she most likely stays at night - I have temporarily named her Violet. 
She actually got into my car this morning, first onto my lap, then to have a sniff around the car, and then back to my lap again, just craving to be petted.   This is heartbreaking.  I will get a picture of her tomorrow.  This is heartbreaking because I know there is a home for the little bathroom girl, and Violet, but people aren't willing.  Open your hearts and your houses for one of these sweet cats, you won't regret it!  I am willing to pay for any vet expenses I have to to get one of these cats a home. 

Speaking of vet expenses, my Thunder, who has the large lump, and was urinating blood, went to the vet on Friday.  $476 later, he has a bladder infection.   The lump he has is most likely a large fatty tissue. 

Another note, on my route at the first location, I've been feeding under bushes for about 7 cats.  The people that own the bushes must have come out yesterday and found the bowls and trashed them.  Back to the corner under the tree by the street for these little ones this morning.  So sad.  So many nice kitties there too.  Don't these people on this street realize that all these animals are in need of some sort of comfort, let alone to be fed?  How can everyone on that street turn their backs on these creatures in need?  I have no where to feed these animals come snow storm time.  And it will come.  I must find a solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment