Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Help

I tried again to trap the kitty with the serious upper respiratory infection.   The kitty stays under a board against the back of a (lived in - and permission given to feed there) house on a warm blanket.  The past two mornings I've placed the trap at one end of the board, and go to the other side and with my foot coax the cat to move to the end with the trap.  He was almost in it this morning but jumped through the gap that was open next to the trap.  I need another body to help me.  This is very upsetting to me each time.  Saturday morning, I actually cried on my way home.  I don't often let this get to me, but this cat is really getting to me.  I've seen a lot of severely injured cats - where they've been hit and their eyeball is out of its socket, or bitten by something where they have a huge bloody wound on the neck, or been in a big fight with some other animal, but never one like this just plain sick, not able to breathe well.  Its really getting to me.   I have a hard time asking for help, but if anyone knows anyone that might be willing to get up and help me at 6 am., it would be awesome.  Thats the time I arrive at this spot.  I have to be at work one and half hour later, so its a fast situation.  Of course, I would have to drive the cat to the emergency hospital for euthanization, which is another sad situation in itself, but one that I know is the right thing, rather than just turning my back on this cat and leaving it to suffer.

There was a news report about dogs being euthanized here in Rochester because there are so many unwanted and abused and neglected ones out there, and they are being brought to shelters.   And here we have puppy mills happening in our country.  Its sickening.  I hope people get involved at the very least by never buying from pet shops, and never buying from a breeder.  If you want a purebred, go to the rescue shelters, you will find them there, and for the price of getting them spayed, you will save yourself a lot of money.

Tomorrow I want to address what someone mentioned to me the other day that someone mentioned to her about me =  Why is she feeding these animals when all she is doing is helping them to reproduce?  Can't WAITto get into THAT!  HAVE A NICE DAY!  :)

2 comments:

  1. oh boy that is a great topic! Gee they are going to reproduce regardless! If careless, irresponsible people would get their animals spayed/neutered, not dump their animals when they no longer wanted them, etc....there wouldn't be such a problem all over the place! this topic gets me heated! There needs to be more compassionate people like you Janine that look out for the welfare of these poor animals! Thank you for what you do! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not near enough to you to help with this kitty or I would - if a cat can't smell it won't try to eat and if it can't eat it will suffer a slow and painful end - you are doing the right thing in helping this poor baby go to a better place - God Bless

    ReplyDelete