Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

All my little babies are dry, snug and fed.  It was a mild morning, the towels I layed down yesterday were dry, and the crazy person did not disturb one of my spots that I find in a disarray every other morning just about.  This is an abandoned house - or boarded up I should say - on a very busy corner in the hood, near the public market.  You would think daytime activity would be noticed, or you wouldn't want to be noticed, but this crazy person leaves crockpots with crazy food stuff in it, platters of crazy stuff - I use the word crazy because the food is indistinguishable!

Anyways, I did take a lot of pictures, but some just turned out hard to really see whats going on, and what the shelters look like.  I share a few here.

I mentioned the shelter I had to take Emma to on Saturday in Buffalo.  I was just overwhelmed by the sense of goodness I felt when I walked in the doors. And it didn't smell!   There were different rooms for each type of kitty.  There was a room just for FIV kitties, and a GP room (general population), and a room for recovering sick kitties, and the room that newbies are brought to for observation before they are placed.  Also, there is a room for kitties on their way to the stores for adoption!  This place is awesome, and its something we lack here in Rochester.  AND they adopt out so much that they do accept kitties most of the time.  Its WONDERFUL.  As usual, running out of time, but I do want to share more about this place with you, and my vision of what we could have in Rochester if only we had the funding for it.  A lot of cat lovers would be very relieved to know that these beautiful strays on the streets now would have a forever home.   We just need to pull together for this one common goal.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment