Friday, February 17, 2012

Nutty Friday

My morning was crazy.  I wound up sleeping past my alarm - til 5 am., which I never do.   I scrambled around to make it out the door to feed the kitties at 5:20 (five minutes late - I am so rigid!) - of course, teeth brushed, make up on, and hair swept up looking decent.  I will never be accused of keeping a man waiting!




My plan was to try to trap the very sick kitty this morning, so armed with my trusty smelly tuna, I quickly did the first half of my route and went on ahead to Second where the sick kitty was.  I knew this would be tough because there is a cat that lives under a porch there that was dumped, obviously, due to its sweet nature, and starving each day, and quickly runs to me, and I knew this cat had a good chance of going into the trap.  But I placed food down for him, and then I heard my name called.  It was Kenny G., the dude I met a year or so ago on the streets, breath always smelling of alcohol, riding his bicyle.  Kenny used to be married to a doctor, had a son that was shot a few years ago, and obviously something took effect and he because sort of a homeless alcoholic.  He has a good heart.  I took him home and made him breakfast once, and gave a him a good warm coat (and a beer).  He will NEVER forget that.  He gets tears in his eyes when he sees me, and thanks me over and over again and tells me what a good person I am.  He says he brags about me to all his friends, and will defend my safety to the end.  Wish I had him as a bodyguard, but thats another story.  Anyways, here I am running late to begin with, and he is scaring the kitties by being there - they are used to just me and the quietness of my visit.  I talked to Kenny for a few minutes, and then went to the back area and there was the kitty, under the board/shelter, breathing erractically and wet all over his nose area.  I ran for the trap, set it on the driveway, prayed the cat would come to it, went on my way to finish my route, and came back.  The wrong kitty was in the trap, and as I watched, the cat got out the trap!  I have a very bad trap.  Anyways, I was running late to begin with so I had to leave.  The poor animal.  I will try again tomorrow, although this trap I have is not very good.  I will have to try to figure something out.

1 comment:

  1. These photos turned out pretty good and they are big enough to see. What did you do differently? Hope you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete