Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday

I have a vacation day, which is wonderful.  It allows me to have a REAL weekend.  I get all my chores done today and tomorrow I get to relax a bit.

News about the emaciated kitty I rescued about a week or so ago.  He is unneutered, so was scheduled for spaying, but after they saw him, they said he was too thin to put under.  Was told to fatten him up.  Well, he had a visit to a vet to check him out and have him tested.  His results:  ringworm, ear mites, heart murmur, FIV, and Feline Leukemia.  My poor baby.  We don't know what we will do with him.  Nancy, who is caring for him, wants to try.  She has hope for him.  I would not be getting the popular vote here.  I feel he is at his end.  But I have to say I am so grateful to Nancy for trying.  She is keeping him separate from the others she's recently rescued from my route, and will work with him with the meds he's been given.  I am also very thankful that I got him off the street.  Can you imagine, suffering like that out there.

The little girl kitty that came onto my property last Sunday will most likely go to a shelter in Batavia.  Its a no-kill shelter, and I feel terrible about it, but no one else has stepped up to the plate, except of course my sweet Bonnie, but she has enough right now to worry about, so I don't want to burden her if I don't have to.  I have to get her out of my neighbor's bathroom.  She is so lonely and isolated in there. 

So thats the news, nothing good - but lets hope for good stuff tomorrow!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment