Thursday, September 29, 2011

“Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.”

Proverbs 12:10  There are so many amazing things going on around me.  Yesterday, the owner of Another Chance Rescue in Livonia stopped by my workplace and dropped off some food donations for my homeless kitties yesterday ON HER WAY to the Verona Street shelter to rescue a dog from there.  Also, I sent out an e-mail the other day about a dog who's 92 year old owner just passed away and the dog was brought to a shelter, and a friend read about it and adopted Rosie, who was as confused as a pet could be after being loved and then brought to a shelter.  AND I received a small donation from a sweet girlfriend who's son's pictures I have posted on my blog.  What a selfless act.  To give what you can to help me feed all these animals that I feed each morning.  AND I had three people step up and offer to foster FIVE cats I've rescued this past week.  These cats have a warm and comfortable place to be after having been on the streets for so long, until they can find their forever home.  AND thanks to my wonderful friends at Another Chance Pet Rescue, who have helped me out so much in the past, and are willing to allow my rescues to be shown at Petco on their Saturday adoption days.  AND, an very old friend dropped off five bales of straw for me to line my shelters for the winter for these poor animals that will suffer in the cold out there soon.  AND, after finding out about an 'artist' who took a dog from a shelter, and shot it, all on film, as an art project, and is trying to put one of his sculptures here at our Rochester Memorial Art Gallery, so much protest has gone on that they are now considering trying to get out of the contract.  http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/shot-dog-art-film/PBWmUDnxTkmBvURPbb3P6g.cspx
Here is the update I received this morning by the girl who first asked me to post it to my friends: 
"I spoke with the director of the art gallery yesterday and he was really receptive.  He was going to a board meeting and is going to call me back today.  He's not sure what can be done since contracts have been signed, but I have a feeling they're going to do whatever is necessary to break the contract.  We have to do what we can in memory of that poor little dog that just wanted a forever home."  This dog's tail was wagging just before it was shot.  Outrageous that this man is even still around.  I just can't forgive an animal abuser, anyone that inflicts intentional pain and/or injury to an animal.  That's God's decision to forgive, not mine. 
All in all, there are some awesome people in my life, for which I am so grateful!  Thank you to all of you!  Attached is another picture I took of the babies I rescued from Miss B yesterday - they are JUST SO CUTE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment