Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunny Sunday!

What a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky!  What a weekend its been too.  My dog was skunked early Saturday morning!  It was TERRIBLE!  Still is!  Went to let him out at 3 am. (!!!) onto the porch so he could go out into the back - I leave the porch door open year round for a cat that is homeless in the neighborhood in case of storms, etc., and he is there every morning for his morning wet food treat sitting on the porch - and I open the door, the skunk was right there, Thunder started to go after him, out the door the skunk went but not before he let out a huge plume of oily, disgusting skunk spray!  I have never ever smelled anything so putrid.  So, after removing everything off the porch, and repainting the floor with two coats of porch paint, the smell is still there.  And Thunder still stinks.  Must get him into a groomer pronto.  I tried using some human hair shampoo - he was sprayed in the face mainly - so using the solutions I googled wouldnt' work because you are not supposed to get it in the eyes, and it would naturally happen if I tried that.  And the tomato juice bath was just too much for me to think about, so now, poor Thunder will not be nuzzled by me, or kissed for quite a long time.  He will have to get his hair cut and shampooed, hopefully this week.  Emergency appointment!  On another note, I tried to rescue Allie this morning.  Put him in my carrier, and did not latch it properly!  He Ran!  and Ran!  And Ran!  I really spooked him, but I am sure I can gain his trust back again.  This is one of 6 cats on that corner that have NO shelter, that I must find homes for.  Miss B, just a few houses down, is staying at a transient hotel in downtown, and supposedly is coming home by bus each morning to feed the two kittens she has inside her roach infested house.  She tells me she might have someone be taking them, and I can't reach her.  Once I do, I will figure out what to do with these two sweet kittens, one Siamese and the other a fluffball.  This woman cannot care for them, and I do feel bad for her.  What a thing to face, being evicted because your house is roach infested.  She swore to me at one point that she cleaned all the time.   I was in her house, and it was a little cluttered, but thats the way this neighborhood is, very poor, and people don't have the means to keep their places nice.  I must just focus on rescuing the animals.  And help when I can with the humans!

No comments:

Post a Comment