Friday, September 9, 2011

Then I saw Heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. Revelations19:11

The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.--Hippocrates

Very nice, and so very true.  Out on my route this morning at 4:45 a.m. (yes, very early, I am off schedule due to circumstances of work and my mother being away for two weeks - I am looking after her cats - so must get my day started earlier).  Just after my first stop, there was something up ahead in the road that I dreaded because I knew what it was.  Another dead cat.  These poor animals that get hit.  It must have happened not too long before I found him.  I did my usual.  Found a nice soft clean towel, wrapped him, picked him up, and brought him to a nice spot in the grass.  I know his soul has left his body and is up in heaven, so I know I did was OK to do.  I wouldn't care for myself either, because I know my soul will be in heaven when it happens to me.  Well, not get hit by a car I hope!  But from old age maybe? 

Do animals go to heaven, I've often wondered this.  I did a little reading, and found this:

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21 TEV)"I decided that God is testing us, to show us that we are no better than animals. After all, the same fate awaits man and animals alike. One dies just like the other. They are the same kind of creature. A human being is no better off than an animal, because life has no meaning for either. They are both going to the same place -- the dust. They both came from it; they will both go back to it. How can anyone be sure that a man's spirit goes upward while an animal's spirit goes down into the ground?"



No comments:

Post a Comment