Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gloomy Day....... but GOOD!

I believe we should always try to turn a negative into a positive, so there.  Despite the fourth day in a row of cloudy, rainy weather, its a good day because its another day I wasn't sick, I wasn't lame, I wasn't dead.  I am healthy enough to wake, hear the rain, dread the route I must take to feed all the cats, feed hungry cats, and be grateful after I am done.   Life is still good.

I am now seriously thinking of rescuing Allie off the street.  I had Allie neutered through Habitat for Cats many weeks ago, and had to let him back out the next morning as I just can't take in any more cats, certainly couldn't then because I stilll had the two little ones I had rescued and was fostering, JuJu and Nikki.  But this boy is there under the tree waiting for me each and every day, rain or shine, and he is hungry.  He is such a sweet boy.  There were five kitties under the tree this morning, two of which are neutered.  Miss B claims they are all hers except for Allie.  I must find him a home, and get him off the street before something happens to him.  I will find his picture and post.  He is completely updated on his shots, and is just waiting to find a warm dry spot to cuddle up in.  He deserves this. 

Speaking of Miss B, these cats that wait under the tree for me act as if they are starving, so I don't know what she is feeding them, if at all.  I dropped a bag of food off for her, and litter, as she told me last week when I brought 'Midnight Star' back to her after being neutered that she didn't have either.  I gave her a 16 pound bag of Dad's cat food.  I go through 16 pounds each day feeding these cats.  One whole bag.  It costs me a fortune, and half of that is probably eaten by raccoons.  What a life I lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment