Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Sweet Babies!

Thats how I greet the groups of kitties I see in the morning - I say "Hello my sweet babies!".  And they are in GROUPS, most of them.  So many out there waiting for me.  It was MISERABLE this morning.  The rain was just steady.  I actually put on a VERY BRIGHT yellow rain slicker my mother bought me last year - the fabric being the kind like a cheap plastic table cloth you use for outdoor picnic tables, and it wound up being more of a hindrance than a helper - it must have gotten stuck in my car door a million times - of course I am in and out of my car in an hour span of time at least 30 times each morning, so it was very inconvenient.  At one point it ripped as I was walking away from the car after getting it caught in the door.  Oh well, at least my hair looks halfway decent for a morning of rain.  Two out-of-the-ordinary things happened this morning that I will tell you about.  One is that the the first spot I go to, where I rescued little Timmy, and where I place food and water on a porch of what seems to be an abandoned house, had a cat food box, and a large container with remnants of dry cat food in it when I arrived there.  It also had a large plate of something unidentifiable, and it had a bowl of what looked like it was milk, and another dish next to it of an unidentifiable substance at the bottom of the steps leading up to the porch.  So SOMEONE is compassionate, and is feeding the cats.  Not quite sure of their choice of food, besides the real cat food, but there is stuff there that I don't quite understand.  I do hope its not poison, as I also did not see any cats there this morning like I always do.  This is also where I have seen two baby feral kittens running around.  Onto my next stops, in the pouring rain, and picking up soaked towels, which is not a fun thing to do.  Where I feed cats at the back of a lot on Bay Street, where Wilburt has allowed me to set up lean to's and a hut that my friend Kristin and her students built, because he told me he owned the property, someone had taken my very heavy lean to's, and my hut, and my bowls, straw and blanket, and moved them away from this building that they were leaning against.  These boards were huge and heavy and I think total anger is what gave me the strength to drag them BACK to the building, but let me tell you it was a STRUGGLE.  What a thing to be doing at 5 am., bitching quietly at who ever had the heart, or the heartless person, to do this.  I have had it there for years now, and all of the sudden, they want it moved?  And I thought Wilburt owned this property.  I must get over there during the day and find out if it is the business owner that the building must belong to.  Although there is a fence that he would have to walk all the way around the corner and onto Wilbert's property to move my stuff.  People can be so mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment