Monday, September 5, 2011

Talk about FATE

That was a very lame title.  I feel so out of touch with my blog.  Its been FOUR days since I've writtten to you my dear sweet Blog!  I have had a very busy four days since last Thursday, yet have been so lazy electronically.  I clean, I cook, I eat, I clean, I cook, I eat.  Thats all I've done!  For my 'fans' who don't know me, I love to cook, I love to try a new recipe on a weekly basis if I am able, I love to garden (pull weeds), harvest my tomatoes, basil and cucumbers.  Made an awesome simple pasta sauce with garlic, onions, pureed tomatoes (mine from my garden) and my basil.  It was FANTASTIC.  I love to read, and love my wine!  OK, thats enough of that, I have so much to tell about the kitties.  GUESS WHO GOT ADOPTED!  The two kittens, Nikki and Juju!  The story goes, I was walking my doggie a few streets over to Wendy's house, the woman house that adopted Timmy, my little bow-legged boy I rescued, to give her his vet papers, and she was also walking her little bow-legged dog Herbie (is that a match made in heaven?), but she was with another woman too.  We got to talking about the kittens somehow (go figure), and the woman said she would be interested, and we walked back to my house and she met them and adopted them on the spot!  How unbelieveable is that?  If it had been five minutes later, or five minutes earlier, this never would have happened.  I am SO grateful to Wendy AND to this woman Sherry.   To open their home, and their lives, to a new pet is just such a generous and unselfish thing to do.   I just wish there were more people like them, because there are so many out there that literally follow me to the car practically begging me to find them a home.  Allie, for instance, was neutered last week and spent the night in my bathroom, and I had to let him back out.  He has NO ONE.  He lives on the corner under a tree where the other ones I've neutered are, but they are sort of taken care of by Miss B. who lives a few houses down from that corner, and who I have had contact with this weekend also.   She is willing to let me place a board/lean-to against her house for Allie for the bad weather days -
I brought her a bag of food and some litter, AND a bowl of homemade soup I had made this past Friday, so she really likes me.  The other kitties can come into her house apparently, but not Allie.  He is a beautiful long haired pretty boy.  Likes to be held and cuddled.  His photo is posted previously from a few days ago.   I told Miss B she must leave the kittens in her house until they can be spayed or neutered.  She didn't think they could get pregnant that young, but I assured her they can, and I've seen it with my own eyes.  I hope she takes my advice.  I am overwhelmed as it is with the number of cats I am feeding now, and the food it takes to feed them is getting overwhelming to me also.  I am running out of money, and time in the mornings.  I am simply burnt out, and hope there is a light at the end of this very dark tunnel.  Attached is picture of Wally, a little kitten that needs a home desperately.

1 comment:

  1. UM I THINK I SHOUKD BE IN THERE SINCE I WASSSS THERE!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete