Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Best Friends

Yes, some of my best friends have tails.

Animals have taught me so much. They insisted that I get past sad experiences I've had with animals, and open my heart to a depth of love that I never thought I could know. They’ve given me hours of fun. They’ve shared their sadness and illnesses with me, as i have shared mine, for sure!, and have allowed me to heal them.  I notice that whenever I am down or sad, my kitty friends make every effort to cheer me up or at least to let me know that they care.

I’ve also come to know God through them. Sometimes, when God seems very far away, all I have to do is reach over and pet a tail or massage a furry head, and there he is. I have learned that each animal in his or her own way represents an aspect of God’s goodness.

I think it was Khalil Gibran who said that work was love made visible. I believe that pets are God made visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment