Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Sometimes, when I a driving home after feeding at the very last spot, at least three cats there, and six cats at the spot just before it,  I think I should be doing more, should have done more, could have done more.  And then I realize that I know I 'can't save them all', but as a wise friend has told me often 'but we can save one at a time'.  I was saddened to see the two baby baby kittens at Paul's house on Second.  Two very tiny kittens, probably no more than 7 weeks old.  It was dark, and I thought I saw something that looked like a cat on his porch, and it wasn't moving so I thought it might be dead, and as I shined my little flashlight on it, it was two kittens sitting there, and then they scurried off.  Then there is Red, who has moved down the street because of what I believe is traumatization after being attacked by Big Red on the street over one morning.  Big Red still hangs out at Hayward, sometimes moving over to Garson, and Big Red is sick.  He has obviously had numerous scrapes with his compadres out there.  He had a huge wound on his head over the summer, which has cleared up, but he needs to be either rescued and treated, or brought to the shelter to be put out of his misery.  And then there is Emma, and her baby boy Rufus - who's sisters JuJu and Nikki were adopted less than a month or so ago.  I hate the thought of this little baby going through our winter season.  If he even survives.  If only I had a shelter I could take all these kitties to.  If only more people would help me find homes for them.  If only.....................................  Today I share with you a picture of a sweet little boy Dylan, my girlfriend's boy - Babies - humans and animals - are so so precious... 

2 comments:

  1. You do your best and that is all you can do. I get saddened thinking about this too, but as a friend said to you, you can only save one at a time without causing yourself anxiety. God created these animals and you have to put some trust that he will provide/care for them too. You only have so much to give/emotionally, mentally and financially. You are right, that animals, babies, humans are so precious. I count my blessings everyday and loved seeing my boy smiling on your blog today. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, that comment made me cry!!! Thanks Alot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete