Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shoulda Coulda Woulda PART TWO

“I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”  E.B. White

That quote was provided by a wise old friend.  Thanks old friend - :) - its so true though.  As I sit there at 4:30 am. sipping on my coffee, eyeing the television that has the news on, contemplating the thought of having to go out into the darkness, to jeopardize my safety in these 'bad' parts of town, to stop and feed cats at least 15 places - I just wish I didn't have to do it.  I just wish I could go back to bed and dream a little dream - to not have to worry about the hunger that is waiting for me - to be able to sleep in on a Sunday morning...  I thought to myself, if only I could leave double or triple the amount of food I usually do, then maybe I could take a break for JUST ONE DAY.  Then I think of how much money it costs to buy what I already do in dry food - and how I wouldn't be able to pay a bill if I doubled that amount of food that week.  IF only I had more donations, then I might be able to contemplate that thought... of taking a break for JUST ONE DAY.

The title of the post was appropos for me today AGAIN because as I was at my third spot, when I was on the porch of an abandoned house, with one cat circling around me, and the other trying to, anxiously waiting for me to feed them, I heard the faint cry of a kitten.  Sure enough, there was a teeny tiny baby out by the street.  Of course it wouldn't come near me, but I thought, if only I had help trapping and getting these cats neutered out here.  There are too many having babies, too many.  It makes me sick.  But I am just one person.  I am not getting help in doing this, and I just can't do it alone.  I've done it, but its so hard for me to do alone.  It involves trapping - transportation - releasing, but there is a lot in between there.  Lots of emotions, and ethical dilemmas involved.  I need to get more people to adopt or foster some of these babies out there.  I need help.



No comments:

Post a Comment