Friday, September 23, 2011

Part Two

This is the post I meant to write, but felt the need to write what I did on the earlier post this morning.

This morning was CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY.  At my third spot, I chased off a raccoon.  Two spots later, I went around the house to where I feed, where Teddy used to be, which by the way I have not seen him in over a month or so now, and I looked into the igloo dog house I have back there filled with straw, which I have rescued two sets of kittens in the past, were two tiny kittens, the same ones I caught a glimpse of the other day that I wrote about.  They were huddled together, eyes closed shut.  I believe it is due to infection.  I did not have my carrier, which I do bring along usually, but I had taken it out because I like to have my - USED TO BE - 'luxury' car looking like I am not a cat lady occasionally.  As it is, I have a ton of towels in my backseat floor, and if you look close enough on the carpet, you will see dirt and cat food scattered, and if you open up the trunk, you will see it stuffed with towels and blankets, and small pieces of wood, and a small bag of cat food - I can guarantee you my next purchase will be an SUV, and I won't care at that point how my car looks to my boss, who is very easy on the eye, looks into my car as he passes it on his way into the office, because the carrier or trap will be in my backseat!  But I didnt' have it this morning, so had to get home for it, and when I returned, the kittens had run off.  I will try again tomorrow for them.  I pray they are in the hut when I get there.  I will grab them then, for sure!  As I was leaving there, I spotted a pit bull strolling around Central Park, loose.  I pulled over and started to call him over.  After a brief time, and a call to 911, I deduced that the dog was non-agressive, a sweet unneutered huge male, who was licking my hand as I placed down water in a bowl for him.  The cops couldnt' do anything, again, due to it being non-agressive, and animal control would have to come out when they start their shift to deal with it, if they even do when they get calls like this.  Poor baby.  I tried to get him into my backseat, but short of pushing him in, I wasn't going to push it!  :)  This is a picture of what he looked like, minus the mouth open.  Massive head!Next couple of stops later, sure enough, there was the kitty on the roof that had been there the day before!  Will ask a friend who works for city who owns the house and try to get a number.  There are people living there, but from the upkeep of the house, I don't feel too comfortable knocking on their door at 6 am.  Poor baby.  SO, it was quite the morning!  Just another day in the life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment