Friday, September 16, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

God what a week.  And what a weekend it will be.  Between work, and going to my mother's house twice a day to look after her two cats while she is on vacation for two weeks - she adopted two adult kitties I rescued last winter - she renamed them Gracie and Biffer - and going out in the morning like I do, my life is so busy and chaotic.  As I've said before, if I didn't have my health, there would be some very hungry and lonely cats around.  I had a phone call from Miss B yesterday.  Actually she called me a few days ago and left me a voice mail on my cell phone but this is a new phone and I still don't know how it works - very technically challenged, that I am.  I could not even get her number from the call.  Anyways, finally talked, and this woman told me that she had to leave her house because its roach infested.  She asked me for help with her cats.  What a predicament to put me in.  As if there aren't enough cats that need homes, now she has two kittens that I have asked her to keep indoors because they are not neutered yet, and there are six each morning, three are her 'outdoor' cats, that are waiting for me under the tree for me to feed at the corner on her street.  They all need homes too.  Miss B is a very poor woman, and is going to be staying 'temporarily' in a very rundown motel in the heart of downtown Rochester, The Cadillac Hotel.  Its where the bums and drug addicts go.  Of course I feel for her, but what about the cats. I put out an all points bulletin to all my peeps on e-mail and had a small handful of people offer help.  God really does have angels on this earth, seriously, with all the homeless animals, and fostering these people do already, and they are willing to step in to help.  Its just amazing, and so so humbling.  Thank you to every person who offers to help those in need.  You will be rewarded some day, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment