Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sunny Saturday!

Its a beautiful day out there.  It started in the hood, all my babies were there waiting for me.  Afterwards, I had a good friend stop by before heading out for my Saturday grocery shopping and to Mom's, who is on vacation, to give some love to her kitties.  Cheryl surprised me with a couple bags of cat food!  I cannot express how grateful I feel when I get a donation like that.  I get paid every other week, and this is not the other, so money is very tight.  The homeless cat food costs about $100 every single week.  So two bags really helps, as I go through six a week.  So thank you Cheryl for your thoughtfulness.  Other friends have done the same from time to time, and I am so grateful to all of you for your kindness.  I am starting to bring little things, like soft towels, and even this morning a covered litter box someone gave me to be used as a warm shelter under a lean to.  I need to start making things cozy for all my strays out there.  Its getting to be fall, and that means cold.  I need more shelters for these cats.  I just don't have enough.  I need to pick up a bale of straw as this is good stuff to nestle into on a very cold day.  I found someone on the streets placed a dead fish in one of my shelters, so that ruined all the straw inside so I need to replace.  Mean people.  This picture was taken this morning at my last stop, near Miss B's house.  This is who is waiting for me every single morning under the tree.  If you click on the pic, you can zoom it a bit.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment