Monday, September 26, 2011

Wild Weekend!



Whatta Weekend!  I rescued three kitties on Saturday morning.  All three are from the corner under the treet that I feed.  Of course I went back there and there are now four more cats.  I had believed there would be only two left but this morning there were four.  Two of the kitties I rescued are sisters.  They have both gone to a very sweet girl and her daughter for fostering.  I am attaching their pictures here.  And guess who else I rescued?  Yes, ALLIE!  Allie is now at my good friend's house being fostered.  I attach his picture here also.  All three have the sweetest dispositions.  They are starving for attention and affection from humans.  They didn't get that living outside in that very bad neighborhood they came from, the 'hood that hates and doesn't care for cats, and especially with Miss B. not living there anymore, they had no one that liked them.  If anyone is interested in taking in these sweet cuddly kitties, please let me know!

I chased away more raccoons this weekend.  One this morning wouldn't budge.  I ran into the hut shelter and just wouldn't budge.  What a brat.  So I had to move the food for the cats in front of the house, on the porch.  I wonder when the bank that owns the property will kick me out.  So far, they have mowed the lawn and didn't touch my stuff.  Must be a kind bank worker that is allowing me to keep the shelter there.  I never had a problem with raccoons like I have this year.  And talk about FAT!  They are as fat as can be!  Do they store their food like bears, so they can hibernate for the winter?  And someone told me they are nocturnal also.  So at some spots, I've moved their food bowls into the light under the lampposts.  I noticed there was still food left in one bowl, so that might have worked!  I also moved a hut shelter from Wilbert's property, to Seventh Street.  We will try this again. The last shelter I had there someone completely destroyed.  But so far, no one has bothered my stuff.  Its almost like they know I won't go away, so why bother to destroy the shelters!  At Wilbert's property, the man who owns the auto shop building that the boards were leaning against wanted me OUT.  I've been feeding there for years.  What I've been feeding is questionable, but I do know I fed a large number of ferals at one point when I first started.  Then it seemed I was feeding other critters, due to the dirtyness of the water and bowls.   So less than a month ago, this man took it upon himself to move my stuff, as if to say, no more feeding.  I moved it back all by myself the next morning, in the rain, and let me tell you those things were heavy.  I don't know how I did it but when it comes to the animals, I have the strength of Hercules when push comes to shove!  I then went to pay a visit to the man on a lunch hour one day, and he won.  I was very intimidated by him, and he convinced me that I was just feeding racoons and rats.  What could I say.  The conversation was intense, and at one point I cried, knowing I was going to be starving something at some point.  But I had to move on, and thats what I've done.  Do I feel bad about it, yes.  I figure that there will be larger battles to fight soon enough. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Yes--racoons store up fat for the winter.
    And sometimes--some are destined not to be saved.
    Sad--but NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete