Tuesday, January 23, 2018

JAN 3rd!!! STEVE C!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!!! and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Steve!  Steve, the great shelter maker.  The great husband of Julie!  Thank you so much for your kind donation to help feed Rochester's finest.  The cats.  :)   Thank you for helping me to Feed a Cat or two for Christmas!  and beyond!  😺

This morning started off for me at 2 am.  OK, the usual.  But as I wound my way downstairs, I could hear the rain plummeting from the heavens.  I thought, ugggh.  This isn't going to be fun.  But by the time I found myself stepping outside at 3:45 am., the skies were clear, and the stars were bright.  I thought, oh good!  But wait, the ground is soaked, and so will my left foot be by the time I finish.

By 5 am., it started to pour.  I still had four shelters to get to.  Out came the rain slicker Sunday Sheryl gave to me.  It doesn't completely keep me dry, but it'll do.  I usually have to tie something around my waist to keep it from flying, but I didn't have a tie this morning and boy was it windy.  So on top of walking through vacant lots trying to dodge the poop paths (the cats love to do their thing in the paths I've created by walking through the snow to their shelters), bending down to pour the food and water, I had to keep the slicker from blowing up in my face.  Miserable.  I would rather it snow than rain.  I HATE rain.

But all was good.





So speaking of rats.  On Short Street, where, by the way, Big Red #2, Sam and Mr. Whiskers #2 ran to me again this morning, there is a box by the side of the road.  After observation, I thought 'NO WONDER THERE ARE RATS!".  This pile of bread, candy and peanut brittle have been sitting there for a week now.  The guy across the street, Jimmy, a nice man, runs a 'store' from his house.  I believe he gets day old food from bakeries, or something, and sells it to the poor for profit.  No judgment, but wonder why he would dump that stuff across the street, and not in the trash at least.  THAT'S WHY WE HAVE RATS!  GARBAGE!

I received offers to adopt from two people, so now we have Elsa spoken for, Milo and Charlie!  Thanks to Kimberly of Kimberly and Beck, 95.1 Radio for giving a shout out for Charlie.  She spoke about him, and me (from what I heard from a friend) yesterday on her radio show.  The previous night, we were texting each other about her desire for Charlie personally.  But after hearing he's not great with my other cats, she didn't want to test it, as she has an older cat, Flea, that she wouldn't want to scare.  I don't blame her.  I did receive a few offers of adoption for him from that radio show.  Cool.  Thanks Kimmie!  :)  The girl that DOES want to adopt doesn't have any other pets.  And he is a lover boy with his human.  Can't wait.  I need to move these guys along to homes.

CHEWY!

Chewy, who is with her foster mom, had to go to vet this morning.  She has an upper respiratory.  Adopters don't realize the cost of a cat before they get them.  Chewy's first vet bill, where she was TNR'd in the summer, was $60.  Her next one, when I rescued her back off the street a few weeks ago on the 9th, was $90.  Here she received rabies, distemper, combo test, worm med, flea med and a check up.  Today's bill was $51.  The wonderful vet Amanda took her to waived the office visit fee.  That's a total of $200.  That's not typical, but it is at least $100 per cat each time.  And that is what comes out of my own pocket.  Just to save these guys from death on the streets.  I cannot continue to do it without donations.

My costs have risen this year at the clinic that I go to.  Adult cats are now $80+ where it used to be $60+.   Still much cheaper than a regular vet visit.

That's all I have for now.  Have a great day!

“Cherish wisdom as a means of traveling from youth to old age, for it is more lasting than any other possession.”




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Kimberly and Beck !
    I heard her talking about you yesterday ! I was screaming out loud in my car - "I know that lady ! I know that kitty !"
    LOL
    Who called in about you ?
    What a great way to get kitties adopted !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you in the rain and now the sleet and snow. :(

    That's fantastic that Charlie and Milo have interested adopters. They are both so adorable.

    Hope Chewy's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete