Tuesday, January 2, 2018

DEC 17!!! Michelle C! Feed A Cat for Christmas!

MICHELLE!  My favorite publisher!  I met Michelle through Kristin, and was introduced at my fundraiser this past year.  Michelle is one cool chick, not only does she publish one cool magazine - Lake Affects, but she also travels the country introducing Meatless Mondays to students at various schools.  I need to find out more about it, because I would like to make others aware of this, but need to get together with her soon to do so.  C'mon Michelle!  Not to mention, Michelle has one of the coolest pair of bell bottoms I've seen, in well, many years!  :)  Here is a little something about Michelle for you to read:

 http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/lifestyle/her/2013/10/23/woman-to-watch-michelle-cardulla/3172743/

Thank you for helping me to feed a cat for Christmas!

Central Park kitty
 I placed a towel down to give kitty some relief from the cold ground
IT was not a pleasant morning for me today.  I went out on my normal run, feeding many cold and hungry animals, as I do each day, but at the end of the route, I was extremely down.  I was at Third and Central feeding Grey Stripey, and I could hear a kitty crying loudly.  After a few seconds, I finally spotted the kitty it was coming from.  Central Park has a median in the middle of it, and across that median was the kitty.  I tried to get it to come over to the shelter I was standing at, but there was a lot of snow in between kitty.  So after doing my thing there, I drove over and spotted the calico that I fed all summer and fall, but hadn't seen in quite a while, under the mailbox at the next corner on Second.  I stopped, got out, shook the food bag, and she came running.  She normally never allowed me to get too close to her, but this time, she came running.  It was 12 degrees.  I couldn't find one tiny spot that wasn't snow covered, but found a step to a church on the corner, and placed the food bowl and water there.  She actually came running to me, and allowed me to touch her.  She was skin and bone.  Quite a change since I last saw her.  I had noticed she had not been around the mailbox area in a long time.  I had to wonder where she had gone. She gobbled the food like she hadn't eaten in a very long time. I felt such sadness as I drove away.   I had to.  I have two rescues in my house.  Thus, the need for fosters. Please consider.

I am looking for fosters that have:

a) a somewhat clean house
b) not a cat hoarder
c) lots of love to give
d) lots of patience to see kitty through this major transition - from street to home


Maize and Toebe with big brother, and new canine sibling Rose!

Maize and Toebe went to their new home this weekend.  I am thrilled to say they are with a great family - they were the last of the bunch, its been a long spring and summer this past year, and I apologize to all my friends and family for not seeing me much, as my weekends were full with getting some of the kittens to vet appointments, due to illness, or getting them seen for adoption.  I will miss them, but appreciate updates so much. 

Thank you Andrea! for creating this sweet video of 2017 and a year in pictures!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9NwFVeVNc&feature=youtu.be

Speaking of Andrea, we have received the final chapter of Andrea and her hubby's extended outdoor family!


Final Chapter – Meet Freddie the Freeloader
Baby Tiger is still mad at hubby. He won’t give him the time of day and will not even chat with him. As soon as the sliding glass door opens Baby Tiger runs far into the woods behind his shelter.
So hubby put on the finishing touches of Chez Blackie. That is the house on the right. The one on the left is Casa de Baby Tiger.


We filled it with lots of straw and put it next to Baby Tiger’s house that way they can be neighbors and maybe borrow a cup of sugar, if needed! So the first one to appear was Baby Tiger he was leery of it at first, I guess he thought it was another trap, but his curiosity got the better of him. He went in and looked around. Next up was Baby Blackie; he went in to look around, then had a bite to eat and left. I figured he was going into the woods to get his belongings and then move in.
The next morning when hubby went to feed the crew he said that Baby Tiger came out of the new house and that he redecorated because the straw was rearranged and there was indentation in the straw on the right hand side. Hubby said that after Baby Tiger had breakfast then went back to his old house and was facing out looking at the snow fall.



So it seems that Baby Tiger thinks he now has a two bedroom home. He sleeps in one and spends the day in the other. Now that was not the reason for construction on house #2. I think Baby Tiger is being a “spoiled brat.”
So for the past few weeks we have been visited by Freddy the Freeloader!! He is our neighbor’s cat, well not the house cat but the barn cat. He comes over to eat with the rest of the crew.


He is very respectful and lets everyone else eat first. Once they are all finished and walk away he heads over to the feeding station and helps himself. He is a really cute cat and he did not look like a Freddie so I named him Sylvester. He sits on the sun porch of Baby Tiger’s DAY house. I am not sure if he likes it there or is just hanging around for the PM meal. Baby Tiger has never invited anyone in to either of his homes!! They all have to stay outside on the sun porch if they visit.
One day hubby was late with the PM meal so Baby Blackie must have thought hubby was ignoring him sitting outside so this is what we saw next!


Baby Blackie was sitting in the tree just outside our window. How we laughed and it did catch our attention and out hubby went to feed them.
This is the last part of my story. How I wish these cats lived in a nice warm home, sleeping in a nice comfy bed the reality is that not all cats have those advantages. Hubby and I are trying to give them the best chance at a good life. We will do whatever we need to do to make them comfy, fed and safe.
We still have the TNR appointments in January for the Boss, Baby Blackie and now Sylvester. Keep your fingers crossed that we are successful in trapping them!! I will update Janine when the time comes.
I hope you have enjoyed our story. If everyone out there can help just one stray cat that would make such a big difference in their life………………..


Thank you Andrea for your time in writing this story.  I welcome any and all to write about whatever topic you choose.  I welcome a break now and then from writing.  Its not all that exciting out there folks!  :)

WISH LIST: 
1.  Bath sized towels
2.  TOE WARMERS!

Finally, I've lost a great amount (to me) of cash this weekend.  I would appreciate any prayers you can say for me to find it!

Thanks, and have a great day!



Saint Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find the kitty money, which has been lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss.

To this favor I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment