Monday, January 15, 2018

DEC 28!!! KIM P!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

Kim!!~!   Thank you KIM for helping me feed a cat for Christmas, and beyond!  Kim's my girl.  Kim has been my foster for a while now, and I am SO thankful for this girl.  She is sweet, kind, compassionate, and patient.  All necessary virtues to make a great foster!  Kim has Butterball still, and we must find Butterball a home.  Neither of us can believe that Butterball has not been snatched up yet.  She is sweet, cuddly, and beautiful! 

BUTTERBALL a/k/a BUTTERBEAN
Kim also adopted Greeley, after she fostered her for a while.  Greeley was another one that would not have lasted.  She was an elder cat, emaciated, that I would feed by the side of the road on Greeley near Parsells.  Thank God for you Kim.

Greeley Today

Greeley Then
Kim introduced me to another foster recently, Amanda.  Amanda first fostered Marti, the all white cat I rescued from Melville late last year, but Amanda fell in love, and Marti is now part of her clan.  Amanda recently took in Chewy, and boy am I glad she did.  Amanda also has the virtues to make a great foster.  Here is the latest on Chewy, the emaciated calico I rescued a week or two ago, just after the first bad cold snap - she wouldn't have lasted another week. 

"I let her venture thru the house yesterday and last night and woke up to her sleeping at the end of my bed with the others, I’m gaining more and more trust with her but she’s still very cautious of me. She’s letting me scoop her up and carry her around also as of last night too 😉"


CHEWY
Sounds like Chewy is doing great, and will be ready for adoption very soon.  Thank you Amanda, and thank you Kim!~ 

This was a REALLY bad weekend weather wise.  I try to to EVER say anything negative about our weather.  I try to keep a positive spin on things knowing that what is suffering is the animals.  I could care less about most of us humans because we have the means to care for ourselves with heat, and winter gear.  But it was bad.  Nearly two feet of snow fell on Rochester over night Friday.  Thanks to Sheryl who helped me out Saturday morning.  What a trooper.  She drove nearly twenty miles from her home at 4 am. to get to my house, and the highways were not even plowed.  The temperatures also plummeted.  It was 1 degree Sunday morning, 6 degrees this morning.  We'll have a high of 12 today, and the forecast is for another storm developing - 1-3 inches tonight.  Although that's NOTHING compared to Saturday morning.  That was TWO mornings of shoveling snow, because after I shoveled Saturday morning, the storm was still brewing, and we received at least another four inches that I had to clean up Sunday morning. 

I did not see a lot of cats that morning, I don't know where they go.  I was praying I would find a lot in the shelters, and if they were there, they stayed in there and did not come out, which is unusual because they are still scared of humans and would normally run when they hear me coming.  I don't know where they go, and still wonder where they are.  I have not seen many. 






I received bad news yesterday on top of that.  The guy that adopted Parsley and Hermie several years ago has fallen on hard times, has to move, and cannot keep the cats.  After I asked what he was going to do, he replied:  "looking for a cat shelter where they keep them alive."  I can't say much right now - I believe this is hard for him - but we've got to do something.  Those cats have come SUCH A LONG WAY since they were rescued.   Hermie and Parsley were such great rescues, they were so sick and Parsley waited SO long to get off the street.  They finally found love and safety, and now this.  I am sick over it.

ELSA - Feisty and Sweet

MILO - Sweet

CHARLIE - Feisty

Elsa and Charlie's pre-adoption visits didn't happen due to many things, but I have every confidence that she, Milo and Charlie will be adopted in the next two weeks.  Thank God.  Its very hard to have one foster in my house, let alone two.  Thank you Melissa for continuing to foster Elsa.   The biggest hurdle for me is having to show the kitties in my own home.  I have a life, and its difficult to have to schedule things on the weekends.  We have our family stuff, and then we have to schedule adoption visits.  I wish I had a free-roaming shelter somewhere, and I could show kitties there.  I don't like Petco showings as the kitties are in cages.  Poor kitties, they don't like cages!  I don't think they show well in cages either!

One last thing.  (I could go on and on....)  This morning, I pulled up to the emergency shelter I built the next block over from the Niagara street shelter after the new owner trashed my stuff.  The shelters were pulled apart.  Can you imagine?  From the time I was there yesterday morning, someone came along and pulled off the tops of the shelters and scattered the bowls.  Of all days, when the weather was this brutal.  Then, the entrance to get to the hidden shelters near the building on the corner of
Niagara and Central, a snowplow shoved the snow into that entrance so there is no way to drive back there.  So I have to make the trek now to get back there.  Its just hard, especially when you have 19 other locations you have to get to.  My wish?  That someone plows AWAY the snow to that entrance.  My other dream?  That someone plows poor Paul's driveway on Second Street.  We went there and cleared his steps so he had a path, but that was it.   Does anyone have a snowplow and want to do a good deed?

That's it for now.

Have a great day!

"Pain is real,
but so is HOPE."

No comments:

Post a Comment