Friday, January 19, 2018

JAN 1st!!! TERRIE P.!!!!

TERRIE!!!  Thank you Terrie for helping me to Feed a Cat for Christmas!  Terrie is practically my neighbor, and also a former foster.  Terrie fostered a kitty that I was desperately needing to get off the street, and she offered to keep him.  At first, kitty was not friendly to her other kitties, but eventually he came around, and so did an adopter!  I cannot remember this kittie's name.  Hopefully Terrie can help me out on this!   This is one adopter that does not keep in touch with me.  Unfortunately.  So I never receive updates.  I am so grateful to Terrie for being there when I, and especially the kitty, needed her.  Thank you Terrie, for your friendship!  And for helping to Feed a Cat for Christmas!  J

This morning it was a balmy 24 degrees.  I actually didn’t need a hat, but still needed my toe warmers!  Thanks to those that sent donations for hand and toe warmers.  I have enough to keep the city of Rochester’s toes and hands warm this winter!  Ha!  Just kidding, but I do have enough, thank you.  I wandered out in the dark at 3:45 am. and saw lots of kitties.  All waiting for their breakfast.

Big Red

SAM

Baby Buttons (left) and Mr. Whiskers

I was happy to turn the corner onto Short Street this morning and spotted two kitties running from the back of the snowy lot to the road after spotting my truck.  It was Sam, and the missing Mr. Whiskers.  After getting out and walking back with two happy kitties trotting in front of me, I spotted Red!  Thank God, there was old Big Red.  He’d been missing for over a week.  Big Red now lets me rub his underbelly, scratch his chin, and basically will just stand there and let me give him lots of loving, until I finish up there and walk away.  I TNR'd Big Red a few years back.  It was heartbreaking to h ave to let him back on the streets.  This is where fostering comes in, the importance of it.  He is an old guy that deserves a home someday soon.  He is a transplant from 4th and Pennsylvania.  He’s been all over, and for many years now.

As I turned the corner onto Second from Bay, there was a young white girl standing there.  I looked in the mirror as I drove to Central to the ‘mailbox’ kitties, and saw headlights behind me, heading my way.  I suspected the girl was a hooker, but this confirmed it.  I stood there and watched as the car went by, and there she was in the passenger seat, with an older black guy driving.  I thought to myself, this is someone’s big sister, someone’s little sister, someone’s DAUGHTER.  Doesn’t she realize the danger of what she is doing?  Will this girl perform some sort of act, and get like what, five bucks?  How does that make her feel inside?  What impact will that have on her if she lives long enough to regret it.  Pretty sad.  I almost stopped at the corner to roll my window down and give her a lecture, one I’ve given many times before to the girls around this area over the years, but thought twice.  I wish I had, or she wouldn’t have been picked up by this guy so quickly.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got.  Wish me luck for the people coming over to meet Elsa, Charlie and Milo tomorrow.  Fingers and toes crossed!

Have a great day!

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." 


1 comment:

  1. I hope they ALL get furever homes J !
    Especially Elsa - shes gorgeous.
    I would have taken her in a new york minute if we didnt have Leo and Shelby...

    ReplyDelete