Thursday, January 4, 2018

DEC 21! KRISTEN K!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

KRISTEN!!!.  Such a sweetheart.  Kristen is this cool chick that adopted Iris and Pixie from me.   Iris and Pixie, I can't remember the names I gave them when I rescued them, were hanging on Second and Pennsylvania, when I had a shelter there on the corner, on the porch of a vacant house.  The house has since been renovated, and every kitty depending on that being their home, were kicked out.  Shelters trashed.  I am so lucky to get these two girls out of there.  They were first fostered by Melissa.  I just wish I could remember their original names to post PRE-Adoption pictures  :)  Kristen, thank you so much for opening up your heart and home for these special girls.  They are so lucky to have you.   Thank you for helping me to Feed a Cat for Christmas!

Pixie and Iris
I walked out of the house this morning, and could almost smell spring in the air.  It was a balmy 22 degrees.  I thought, WOW,  I never thought I would think that 22 degrees was warm!  But it was!  I was happy for the kitties that are out there.  They are getting a slight break.

I got home from work yesterday and found Mr. Possum on the porch again.  He's become a sort of regular so we 'get' each other.  I don't bother him, he doesn't bother me.  I put food and water out, make sure they are full for him, and leave him in peach to eat and drink.  Annabelle, my stray I've been feeding for well over 7 years now, could care less about him also.  Him or her.  Dunno.   I noticed he is missing some fur on his back.  Probably having a hard time out there, and not such an easy life for him, I'm sure.

Speaking of missing fur, so as I mentioned there are two red with white cats on Pennsylvania.  One, who is not neutered, the only one not fixed I believe, has a small patch developing on his back where there is no fur.  And it looked wet.  And irritated.  He has really come around since he first joined the regulars there.  He stayed his distance, now he entwines himself around my legs as I stand there, and I can pick him up and put him into the shelter to entice him to eat, and not stand there like a bully guarding everything so the other cats are too intimidated to come eat their portions.  There are kitties with issues out there, and I try to do my best.

MILO
The kitties I've just rescued, Milo and Elsa, both went to the vet yesterday and got the works.  Both tested negative for all, which I was thrilled about.  You never know with these cats that are on the streets for so long.  Hopefully by this weekend they will go to foster or be adopted.    I want the best possible homes I can find for them to be in.  I don't want to just get rid of them because of extra stress it causes me and the cats.  I put them together this morning in one room to see how they would do.  So far, so good.  You never know how stranger cats will react to each other.  Good sign here.

ELSA
My boy Smokey was also brought to the vet (yes, another expensive day for me).  They believe it is renal failure.  I cannot do much in regards to spending a fortune on diagnostics, but they took some blood and did a few tests, and that was what was most likely the cause of this weight loss and dehydration.  He was given an appetite stimulant, and fluids, and fluids were sent home.  I've asked my friend Elisabeth to come over today to give administer those today, but hoping there is someone else closer that knows how to do.  Otherwise, the vet charges $30 for that.  He had a small appetite last evening, and a tiny one this morning.  My poor boy.  I will give this a few days to figure out if I see any sign of life in him.

That's it in a nutshell.  I did NOT see the calico kitty.  Sometimes I feel like God comes and swoops up those he feels he needs to take.  I will see a severely sick or injured kitty one day, hope to get it the next, and never see it again.  Its terribly sad for me to see this, and terribly sad never seeing them again.

I am in need of small shelters.  I am giving away my last to a kind person who feeds a stray and asked if I knew of anyone that had a shelter she could have for the cat.  I just couldn't say no when I had a perfectly good one, my last.  I am also in need of toe warmers!  I am down to my last hand warmers that I've been using for my feet!  UGGH.  I am wondering if Target or Walmart has them.  I've had a couple of people over the years donate them to me, but don't know where they got them. Spring is just around the corner, I keep telling myself!  ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment