Monday, January 1, 2018

DEC 16!!! Laurie M! Feed A Cat for Christmas!

LAURIE!  My dear old friend from Junior High!  Not that long ago!  :)  Laurie and I met in junior high school in Webster.  I haven't seen Laurie in many many years, but she reached out to me a few years back because she had heard of me and my doings, and wanted to thank me.  Since then, she has done her part in helping to care for the city kitties.  Thank you So much Laurie.  I sure hope this will be the year I can give you that long awaited hug!  :)

On top of single digit temps, we've had at least 8-10 inches of snow past few days.
I know I've been slack at this blog through the Feed a Cat for Christmas.  I am back on track.  Way behind, but back on track.

Its 2018 and so much happened in 2017.  I rescued 112 cats!  And I think Kristin added up my TNR's (trap neuter and return (to the streets... :( ))...  54?  Kristin, please correct if I am wrong.  More than half of those were kittens that were rescued.  Not all were trapped or hand picked from a shelter, there were many people who called me and asked if I could take the kittens THEY rescued.  I figured if I had a couple of kittens already, what's one more.  At one point, I had like three litters at once!  In my house!  I was, and am, kittened out.  Although I do miss them.  God love the folks who adopt them.  They are hard work.  But so worth it.

MILO
One of those numbered TNR's is sitting here beside me.  I rescued Milo this past Saturday morning.  I  couldn't take one more morning, with the temps in the single digits, of him running from across the street to greet me.  He seemed to be tip toeing, and I realized his pads might have been getting frostbite.  I said, that's it buddy, lets get you off the street.  Let me make you one very lucky boy.  He turned into one grateful little boy by the time I got him home.   Now to find him a foster, or get him adopted.  He is one cuddly little kitty.

I made so many new friends in 2017, and ran into so many old ones.  I am so thankful that I was able to remain in good health, to continue doing what I am doing, and I am so thankful for everyone who has made it possible for me to continue doing what I am doing, by donations of food, shelters, tarps, weights, time, money, even wine!  Boy do I like wine!  (the drier the better - :) As rescuers say, I may not have a dime in my pocket for myself, but I'll always have a dime for an animal in need.  That's true for me, believe me.


Today being the first of the new year, I went out heavy hearted, knowing it was near zero degrees, and has been for well over a week now.  Its taking its toll on the cats out there, I can see this.  I do my best and pray they have the sense to use the shelters I provide.  I pulled up to Garson #1 this morning, to feed one of three kitties here, and as I was pouring the food and water comes this little one, her face and fur with icicles hanging from it!  I immediately went into rescue mode, grabbed the carrier, and threw her in it.  (well, not THREW!).  I felt she was in danger and had to get her off the streets.  She is one happy, and beautiful kitty.  She has melted (ha ha) and thanks to my friend Valerie, we are naming her Elsa, from the movie Frozen.  :)  I need to get her fostered ASAP.

ELSA!
I know I owe you the story of the 'back nine' of my route, but will save that for this week.  I want to get on with my day now...  couch potatoing...

Happy New Year everybody.  Wishing you HEALTH and happiness.  xo


"Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one."

No comments:

Post a Comment