Monday, January 22, 2018

JAN 2nd!!! DEBBIE S!!! Feed A Cat For Christmas! (and beyond..............)!!

DEBBIE!  Thank you so much for your kind donation to help feed kitties through the holiday, and the cold winter months.  Every dollar donated helps me.  Without a single donation, which is the way it was a few years back, I would spend approximately $150 per week on cat food.  That's $7800 per year.   These 'fundraisers/campaigns' help, but I still spend an exorbitant amount of money on food alone, not to even mention the vetting costs for these animals.  For each cat or kitten I take in, I spend between $100-$200 on each one.  And if they are sick, then I spend much more. After this Feed a Cat for Christmas campaign, donations will be far and few between.  Thus, I am constantly broke.  I get paid, I pay my bills, and that's it.  No vacations for me, no savings - just what I have deducted in my paycheck towards retirement, which at this point will be never.  Security will have to come get me and my walker and boot me out.  I'm not saying this because I feel sorry for myself, because I don't.  I take life one day at a time, and that helps with my outlook immensely.  Today, I woke up.  I am grateful.  Today, I will go to my job where I will get paid for today.  I am grateful.  Today, I can see!  I am grateful.  Today, I can walk!  I am grateful.  Today, I was able to feed over 100 hungry cats.  For that, I am grateful.  As long as I have those few things each day, I am grateful.  

Sorry Debbie, back to you!  :)  I met Debbie through Julie L., who are both good friends.  Julie 'turned me on' to Debbie.  :)  Debbie is a kind soul, and a lucky one at that as she is spending winter in Florida!  :)  Thank you Debbie for all you do.  Especially the wonderful gift basket with gift card you donated to my fundraiser in November. Wish you could have been there!  

What a weekend!  So, a family came over and met Elsa.  They fell in love, I guess, and later let me know they wanted to adopt her, but not until March.  They are travelers, and won't be back until then.   So, Elsa will be a house guest until then.  Its hard to do this, so I won't make a habit of it, because I have cats of my own that now need to adjust to her, but I wouldn't keep her in a bedroom, so she is sort of integrating right now with the rest.  She is much happier this way.

ELSA!

Charlie also had a woman come over to meet him, but I've not heard back from her, which is a surprise, as I thought they hit it off.  Charlie does not like my cats, so he remains in a closed off bedroom, which I am sad about.  He is very lonely.   We must get him adopted.  Fast.

CHARLIE!
Milo - the woman I had high hopes for adopting him decided to go to Scottsville Animal Hospital to adopt.  Oh well.  He is integrated in the house as well, but again, its not fair to my older senior cats.  They are having issues, so I must get him adopted fast also.


MILO!!
I am getting good reports on Chewy, the emaciated calico I picked up off the street a few weeks ago.  She got a clean bill of health, but is now trying to gain some precious weight, and is also integrating with her foster family.  They are doing a great job.  They have a dog and other cats and Chewy doesn't mind a bit.  They will be getting some good pictures for me soon.  Again, I cannot rescue another until they are gone.

I had a visit with Stevie and Izzy at their new home this weekend.  They are now Mary and Tyger.  God, I didn't realize I missed them.

Stevie/MARY

Izzy/TYGER
And get a load of Maize and Toebe!  This is them in their new home.  Do you think they are happy and content?

MAIZE and TOEBE
Unfortunately, I don't get a lot of pics of Willow and Ziggy.  

That's it for now.  It was a good morning in the fact that its mild, and the snow is melting.  Now I just have to deal with a soggy boot because of a small puncture in the heel.  :)

Have a great day!

"Dream as if you'll
live forever.
Live as if you'll
die tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment