Wednesday, January 24, 2018

JAN 4th!!! DAWN K!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!!! and beyond...................

DAWN!  Thanks to you some hungry kitties in the city of Rochester were fed.  I don't know Dawn personally, but I do know she has a generous, giving heart and compassion for Rochester's finest.  Thank you for helping me feed a cat for Christmas!  This campaign started late, which is why its going into January.  I have a back up. 😄

I think about all the other kitties that are NOT on my route, and wonder if someone is caring for them as I am for these.  I've been placing more shelters out there, one each morning at one location or other.  Now that I have a surplus of them, I want to spread the love, and make more cats comfortable.  It was brutal out there this morning.  Very cold.  It was actually 26 degrees, but the wind made it much colder.  Rain turned to snow overnight, and we had a dusting.

My needs?  I could use LARGE, DARK BATH towels. I like to place these on the boards that the cats stand on inside their shelter, so their little pads are warm and dry while they eat.  As long as they are not getting wet, its better than the cold floor on which they stand.  Some do get wet, which is why I need more towels, because I replace, them, bring home the wet ones and put them through the wash.  Just another small comfort for these unfortunate animals.  I could also use the 2-gallon ZipLock bags.  I use these to pour the dry food from into their bowls.  Can't be dragging larger bags of cat food around!  As it is, I am carrying two gallons of food, two gallons of water, and a large yogurt container of wet food to each location - 20 or so different stops.  And trudging through vacant lots and behind vacant houses.

Once again, I called 911 this morning to report the door of a vacant house on Short Street being wide open, and the light on inside.  My main objective in calling was to ask them that whoever investigated, please be sure there are no cats inside.  There have been too many instances where cats have been locked inside a house or apartment, with no food or water, or way to escape.  Not good.  I hope they take heed.  911?  They've got my number.  I call way too often.  :)

That's all I have for today folks.  Nothing too exciting here.  I am certainly looking forward to spring.  55 more days til SPRING!




1 comment:

  1. Janine, how do you want us to get the large dark towels and zip lock baggies to you? I just checked your Amazon Wish List and they are not on that list.

    ReplyDelete