Tuesday, December 12, 2017

DECEMBER 3! Feed a Cat for Christmas! Stephanie S!

Thank you so much Stephanie S!.  Your donation will help me to feed a Cat for Christmas, did today!  The city kitties sure do appreciate your donation.  It buys 40 pounds of dry food, which is what I go through DAILY to feed over 100 cats.  They depend on me, and you for your support!  Thank you!


Short Street Shelter this morning
Footprints in the Snow…
This morning was not fun.  Since yesterday, we ‘ve had a buildup of 4-6 inches of snow.  I did not need to shovel at the shelters, but I surely will have to tomorrow.  The kitties were all running TO me, and it was good to see them running FROM the shelters I’ve made for them.  I drove away from the 7th Street shelter, which I call ‘the apartments’ shelter and thought, that is a good shelter.  It has at least six cozy rooms for each kitty, holding at least 2 to 3 cats.  Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of kitties at this location.  Momma kitty, who had kittens maybe four years ago? and I rescued them all… she is still around, but not well looking.  Here she is waiting for me to give her the precious wet food she loves.




Mr. Whiskers, Big Red #2, and Sammy - SHORT STREET

Sammy and Mr. Whiskers run to me each morning!
I told Sammy, 'hold still!  i have to take your picture!'

Pennsylvania Avenue
Update on Sebastian!  
As you will recall, Sebastian was rescued from the streets and was fostered by my friend Toni, who has adopted kitties from me in the past.  He was a skinny black unneutered male hanging around Niagara Street shelter, and super duper sweet.  Very hungry.  Waiting every day for his morsels along with the other eight or so kitties still there...  until I rescued him.  He was in foster care longer that I wanted him to be.  Sebastian was overlooked a lot because of his hair color.  Black.  Black kitties don't always get a good rap.  Along comes a kindhearted woman who just lost her baby kitty, Jacqui, who, after talking her husband into getting another, wanted to try Sebastian out.  Several weeks later, Sebastian, now named Stevie, has a wonderful new family and will be forever loved and cared for.  That's what its like for these street cats, they just want to be loved.  I have so many on the street right now praying for a miracle.  Please open up your heart and home for them, if only even just to foster them.  You are saving a life!

Sebastian fresh off the street!

Sebastian was rescued from Niagara Street

New Mom Jacqui says - with the following picture:

"Our 2016 rescue - Callie - with our 2017 rescue - Stevie - bonding while the snow falls outside. They both started out living in the cold and now have their own staff...!!!"


Callie and SEBASTIAN/STEVIE!

My "attempt to rescue every cat in the city is of Rochester is impossible."

Someone told me that yesterday, and I am sure that people that say this - out loud at least - are not optimistic people like myself.  I DO think I can save them all.  One at a time.  Yes!  I do believe!

Have a great day!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feed a Cat for Christmas (and beyond!)


It takes 30+ pounds of dry food and 30+ cans of wet food at a cost of $40/day to feed over 90 homeless cats in the most underserved parts of our city each day.
These sweet souls have been cast off, left behind, abandoned. Often, they are hurting. Always, they are hungry
One woman has said THIS WILL NOT STAND.

This December, for $40, you can partner with her and Feed a Cat for Christmas. Sponsor food for these kitties for just one day--as a gift, just because, or in honor or memory of a special person or pet.  In return, you'll receive a certificate and our eternal gratitude!

How do I Feed a Cat for Christmas?
Just make a $40 donation.

What if I can't sponsor a full day's food?
For a $20 donation, you can sponsor half the food for a day!

How do I donate?
You can use the "Donate" button anywhere on this site or send a check by mail. (Please email for mailing address.)
**Make sure to note that it is for Feed a Cat for Christmas in "Add special instructions to seller" when you make your donation!**
If you would like us to send a certificate to you or someone you are honoring, please be sure to include that person’s name and address with your donation!

NOTE: Currently, you will need to also input Janine's email address to send money via paypal. It is janinethebean10[at]yahoo[dot]com.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes ! It looks like its getting deep out there !
    Great news from Sebastian's new parents !
    So glad he has someone to love him and take care of him.
    Every domesticated animal deserves that.
    To me DOMESTICATED means it is a HUMANS responsibility to provide for the animals that live with them. Not treat them like a piece of property to be cast away when no longer needed.
    0_o

    ReplyDelete