Friday, December 15, 2017

DECEMBER 6! Carol O!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

CAROL!, dear sweet Carol!~ Carol won't read this blog, or look at my Facebook posts, because Carol has adopted FOUR cats from me!  She has a weakness.  :)  Bless her and her sweet husband Mike's heart!  Thank you Carol for feeding many kitties for Christmas with your donation.  Carol has made this gift in honor of Abby, Alice, Greta and Murphy.  I've gotta get some pics of all four.  All four were street walkers..  or I mean homeless cats that were desperate to find a home, and Carol had one.  Love this girl!  :)

ALICE

GRETA

MURPHY

ABBY


In response to Kristin's note yesterday, when I first met Mary Leigh, I remember seeing this woman that was walking around every day, many years ago, when I first started feeding the cats on this corner.  I was intrigued thinking she was a cat lover, and stopped to talk to her.  I told her what I was doing and when I mentioned that I was getting them spayed and neutered, so that they weren't reproducing, you would have thought she was talking to the devil himself.  She spewed fury and quoted something out of the bible, and it was like what I was doing was this terrible, horrible thing.  It was then I noticed that she was not all there.  I had never encountered mental illness before, that I can remember (until I met Lisa on Parsells) but she was on a path to destroy me after that.  She is smart, cunning, and bent on destruction.   She has even gone as far as kicking drop traps when I had Habitat for Cats helping me there, and the girls were sitting right there in the car.  She could have cared less.  The police were called and she was ordered to stay off the property.  She did, for a year, and now she is back with a vengeance.

HOW Shelter is supposed to be... she dragged the first
shelter placed to the road for trash day Wednesday...

What MaryLeigh is doing to this 2nd shelter - tipping

And throwing the food out
Speaking of, I found the shelter tipped over this morning.  The food thrown out, and the shelter tipped over.  You can see it from this picture, and you can see how its set up when I leave it.  She comes over about 6ish every morning and throws the food out.  I replace it, and then go to work.  She then comes back and throws the food out and tips over the shelter.  Prior to this heavy shelter, she has taken and thrown in trash bins around the area my Styrofoam and plastic shelters.  Gone.  She is pure evil.

The good news is that there may be some legal recourse, which hopefully, after today, she will pay attention to.  

Its Friday, and I am happy for that.  Two days to gather myself, cook, clean and organize.  Love it.

Leaving you with a story from my friend Andrea, who has been a huge help for me recently, managing my website, and my rescue page.  She is invaluable to me.  I asked her to write about her first experience at trapping.  She now has her own ferals in her back yard in the country, and her handy husband Lou has built them a palace to live in.  Lucky little kitties...  :)


HOW DID WE BECOME THE CHOSEN ONES?

PART 1  - The Introductions
This all started at the end of September while my hubby was doing some yard work he said that he got the feeling that someone was watching him!  After further investigation, sitting all alone in the woods was this cute black kitten with golden eyes. He (we think it is a he) was watching every move he made, every step he took he was watching him (sorry I just could not get that song by Sting out of my head)!! Hubby said he must be stalking a mouse for lunch. Now, I know that is what cats do but the thought of him having to sit and stalk a mouse for lunch made me sad. What if hubby scared off the mouse then the poor kitty just missed a meal.

We have 3 cats of our own that I can say are “spoiled rotten.” They have never missed a meal and all they do is sit in front of their dish and cry and like robots we run to fill it. So I went and got a dish from the closet, filled it with dry food and sent hubby back out to feed the poor kitty that we named Blackie.



Blackie’s visits became more frequent and he would sit by the tree where my hubby would place the food. Then a few weeks went by and Blackie showed up with a friend a cute little grey tabby that we named Tiger ( I know not very original).



Blackie and Tiger I estimated to be about 5-6 months old. They come daily to eat entertain us for a while and then off they go.

As the days went by we noticed more cats coming to eat. In addition to Blackie and Tiger there were two identical looking adult cats .The adult tiger cat had white paws but the adult black cat looked identical to Blackie only bigger. This caused us to re-evaluate our name choices!!!

So we now call the babies “Baby Blackie” and “Baby Tiger”. We named the adult tiger cat “The Boss” because when she makes an appearance everyone backs up and lets her eat. We think it’s a she because she bosses everyone around and smacks them when they do not listen. The adult black cat is now called “Blackie.” I told hubby that in the Spring we won’t be able to tell who is Blackie vs Baby Blackie (hence a possible name change coming down the pike).The babies are beginning to trust us and get closer but the adults still run as we approach.

Then last month as the weather was getting colder I was worried about where the family was going to live. Hubby again said they must have a nice place in the woods that is warm and cozy where they stay. I feel all cats should have a nice warm cozy bed and I insisted that he build them a shelter to protect them from the elements. He does have plenty of experience because he has built several shelters for Janine’s feral cats. At first he thought I was crazy but due to my persistence (or nagging) gave in and agreed to do it.

Tune in for Part 2 of this continuing saga………………………..  coming soon!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Believe me when I (bec. of an issue I am all to familiar with at the moment) say that 'behavioral health units' are filled with people like Mary Leigh. It's a mental health issue. She really would be at a loss to give a reason. Nor can she listen to reason. In some cases, all one can do is hope for a "mental health arrest." Actually, Mary Leigh would be safer than in her own home. L and "Sawyer"

    ReplyDelete