Wednesday, December 27, 2017

DEC 14th! PAMELA P! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

PAMELA!  My Angel.  Thank you so much for helping me to feed a cat for Christmas!  Many as a matter of fact!  Pamela has been a strong force in the animal community, helping where she can. Thanks Pamela, for all you do to help the helpless!  Me too!  :)  

I have to say, 9 degrees is brutal.  As I drove down city streets this morning, my eyes darting from one side to the other, I thought about, and prayed, that all homeless creatures, even a mouse, had a warm nook to take refuge in.  My first encounter with a desperate cat was on Melville.  Melville #3 spot.  Where I had a hard time keeping shelters – someone finally gave in and allowed me to place some in the back of the lot there.  This grey striped boy is a former TNR.  I had to release him after having him neutered this summer.  I say I HAD to because there was no one around to take him in at the time.  He is a nice kitty, and I felt terrible releasing him, but it was summer, he could get along.  Well, every morning, he runs to my car, and this morning, he was sort of tip toeing, dancing around, and I wondered if he had frostbite on his little delicate pads.  He took turns following me, and then darting in front of me (and nearly tripping me!), down the path to the back of the lot, crying, hungry, waiting for me to place his precious wet food.  I placed a warm blanket on the inside of the shelter, hoping it would warm his little feet up a bit while he stood there eating.

I can’t tell you the heartache I feel as I am driving to each of my 18 or so locations, but all I can do is pour, say a few words, and try to forget as I drive away.  There are at least five more shelters I will encounter after this one, with cats that could easily be taken in off the street and be the most wonderful companions for a lucky person.  But no one wants the adults.  Everyone wants a cute cuddly kitten!  Given a loving environment, a grown cat forms bonds that are just as profound as a kitten's.

I want to thank, in particular, Todd, Bob and Stan, Lou, and Jim, for their carpentry abilities, in building me these lifesaving shelters that are placed right now.  It was heartwarming to see two kitties come out of one of them at the Central and Second location this morning, and I know there are others nestled inside for the night before I pull up at 4 am!  There are also other fabulous shelter makers, in particular, Sheryl, who has been slaving away for nearly four years putting them together whenever I get an extra plastic tote, or Styrofoam box thrown my way.  I throw them her way and she creates some wonderful little homes, some even cut out with cat faces for entrances, for these homeless babes.  I thank you all for helping to house the homeless.

I can't help posting pictures of kitties I've rescued and where they are now.  Sawyer is one beautiful cat, wouldn't you say?  I received the following from his 'Aunt Kim (who BTW adopted three kitties from me!)

 "Visiting Mom and this handsome gentleman this morning.... he was “helping” her sort through old sheets and towels and he climbed right into the garbage bag." 

💙
SAWYER today!

And another.  Do you all remember Lulu?  She was once a kitten found in a shelter on Garson Avenue in a pile of straw with her siblings.  Today, she is a loved kitty in a warm and loving home.  This was a Christmas card I received and share it with you!  So sweet!  Be sure to click on the pic so you can see up close!

LULU!

That's it in a nutshell for today.  More tomorrow.  And no, ML did not come back and rip off the tarp to the shelters.  ONE MORE CHANCE!

Have a great day!

“When life places a
Wall in our path we
Have two choices…
We can beat our head
Against it, or we can
Figure out a way to
Get around it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment