Thursday, December 14, 2017

DECEMBER 5! Feed a Cat for Christmas! Liz G!

LIZ!  Its only appros pos that I print Liz's adoption story.  Liz and Marybeth adopted Syd and Piper as kittens from me.  My Facebook rescue page requested  submissions of stories of those who adopted from me in the past.  Liz submitted their story the same time she made a donation to the Feed a Cat for Christmas campaign, in Honor of their Mom, who is still out there.  She lives at Syd and Johnny's Auto Garage, where I have a nice shelter built for her, and a few other stragglers there...so here is her story!


Newly rescued kittens! Syd and Joanie
Syd and Piper (formerly Joanie!) Today!

In November of 2016, Janine mentioned on her blog about rescuing a couple of kittens from the cold and mean streets of Rochester. These little girls were less than 12 weeks old when she scooped them up.
Janine mentioned that she may have an adopter for one of the girls but not both together. When we asked to meet them, it was love at first sight! They were so tiny but you could tell they were inseparable. I told my gf, who was the potential adopter, "If you don't take them, I will." Even though I already had a house full, I knew these two couldn't be separated.

Let me tell you, one year later, they are still as inseparable as the day we met them. They play together, sleep together, watch birds and squirrels together. They have a blast together! They roam the house and one will meow for the other and she comes running! They have brought so much fun and love to us in the last year and to some of their siblings, they have become best friends. Watching them both develop into awesome little companions and just cool cats has been a great rescue story that had to be shared. If given the chance to rescue, I hope others will consider 2 instead of one. When these guys wear me or their siblings out, they turn to each other for entertainment. They adore each other and I can't imagine them without each other! Or us without them!

Janine, THANK YOU for saving these two and the countless others you do every day by filling their bellies and giving them a warm place to rest their heads! To the fosters that took care of and socialized these two before we adopted them, a tremendous thank you to you also! They have developed into the cutest, coolest, and most playful little furrballs. They provide us with so many laughs and some much entertainment! We will be forever grateful!

From our furry family to yours, Merry Christmas and may you be blessed tenfold for the lives you continue to save!

Peace and Purrs,
Sydney and Piper's parents
Sydney being eaten by a shark!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  
❤❤❤❤❤


Mary Leigh Frank removed my very heavy shelter yesterday, Wednesday, by dragging it to the road because it was trash day in the city.  I cannot believe she did this.  But she did.  There is no stopping her.  My heart hurts.  She also threw out another shelter, and two beautiful boards I had there.  I cannot tell you what I feel about this.  I can't show you my anger and hatred.  Its deep.  This weather is extreme, and she took away these cats only survival.  I will deliver another.  I've asked the police to please help me with this, IF ONLY to go to her house and warn her not to remove my property.  I know this might scare her, nothing else will.  She won't open her door to them.  Her porch is barricaded.  I just don't know what to do.


UPDATE Today:


I delivered another heavy shelter to replace the one from yesterday.  Here is what that looks like right now.  I also decided to do something very different.  Call a truce with her, but I don't think she will go for it.  I wrote the following note and left it for her.  


(7:51 a.m.  Update to the update:  My spy just caught her again, she threw the food away in the garbage across the street.  Spy said, "please stop doing what you are doing")  Nothing.  No response.)

Otherwise, it was another miserable morning, but I fed and sheltered many lucky kitties.  Thank you to all of you who are helping me on this journey of love and compassion.  Its been a tough road with many bumps along the way, but I always believe that there is smooth sailing ahead.

Have a nice day.

"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you."
Luke 6:27-28

2 comments:

  1. Janine- do you know WHY Mary Leigh is doing this? I mean, I know she is crazy but has she ever given you a reason? I just wonder what she is thinking that makes her do this. It seems if we new WHY we could possibly find a solution. Let me know.... - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sydney and Piper's happy ending! I remember when you found them. They are just the cutest babies with their white mittens!

    Is Mary Leigh religious or superstitious? If so, you might be able to use that to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete