Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Happy Hump Day

MUFFIN in Manger  (:) - waiting for adoption!

It took me about an hour and a half, close to hour and 45 minutes to do what I had to do out there this morning.  With the shenanigans that Mary Leigh puts me through with her removing plates, shelters, etc. from the corner of Ferndale and Webster Avenue, where she has no business being, and me having to replenish supplies, food and water, it takes me an extra 10 minutes there.  I am now hiding food at three spots on that corner.  There is a baby black kitten there too.  Its not good.  I’ve never despised anyone like I despise her.  She may have a diagnosis of mental illness, but she is a very cunning, very mean person, and knows exactly what she is doing.  And she just won’t stop, no matter what.

At each location, I also pick up trash as best as I can.  Which is gross, but I don’t want anyone thinking I am leaving things behind, I want no excuse for someone to say that the cats and their shelters are attracting trash.  It’s the people that live in these areas that are dumping their garbage.  I drove down Parsells Avenue this morning on my way home and someone had dumped a bag of fast food garbage in the middle of the road.  Probably just threw it out the window.  Who does that?

I pulled up to Niagara and the shelters I have hidden for the seven or eight cats that depend on this were all disheveled.  I don’t know whether someone did this, or the wind yesterday did it.  Either way, it took me at least 10 extra minutes there putting them all back together again.  And of course they were all missing straw, and of course, I didn’t have any in my car, so I was quite upset leaving there this morning.  Those poor animals spent the night huddled somewhere…

Sorry, these are all negative things for you to read, but wait!  There’s more!  Just think about all those lucky kitties that were saved this year, not only by me, but by other rescues.  There is a great group out in Avon called Hearthside Cats – they have a shelter and a couple of great women take in animals in need, and not all of them get adopted, but at least they have a roof over their heads, love, and food.  There are other groups out there that have a ton of fosters that take in kitties that need a place, so there IS hope!   And I have adoptions pending so that means that hopefully, my fosters will offer to take in more kitties that I rescue from the streets before the end of the year.  Pray, hope, keep the faith.


Have a wonderful day.
"Dear God, 
if today I lose
my hope please 
remind me that
your plans are
better than
my dream..."

No comments:

Post a Comment