Wednesday, December 13, 2017

DECEMBER 4! Thank you JEAN H.!!!

Jean H.  A Sweetheart.  Thank you Jean for your support to help me with the kitties out there.  You have been a blessing to me!  How lucky I was to have met you through Kristin, your cousin!  You come from a very good family!  Thank you so much!

It certainly came in handy this morning, when I had to lug, and distribute, 40 lbs of food to feed the kitties, as I do each day, that are unfortunate enough to be on the streets, without homes.  Before you can even say it, yes, it was horrible out this morning.  It didn't take me as long as some mornings, but then again, there wasn't a foot of snow on the ground, when it takes me over 2 hours to shovel out the shelters.  But it was close to that today.  And the winds.  And the temperatures.

On Niagara Street, the makeshift shelter made out of four huts under two boards and one tarp over all that was barely holding up.  I needed to go to another location to grab a large heavy slate stone to place at Niagara.  The snow was blowing inside.  When I originally built that up a couple of weeks ago, after the new owners of the property destroyed my last shelter that housed 7 or 8 cats this past summer, it was poorly constructed.  I had to rearrange some things this morning, and its still barely holding up, but will have to do.  I could not handle the cold this morning, my fingers and hands were numb.  I have plenty of mittens and gloves, but none that can really do the job of allowing me to maneuver stuff like I have to, and stay dry at the same time.  I did the best I could, and felt good at least seeing these poor animals coming out of the huts there.  At least I know they are using them.

We still have little Izzy waiting for a home, as well as baby kittens Maize and Toebe, and sweet Butterball. 

Harvey and Huey!


Huey when I first rescued him
Speaking of Kristin...  Some great news:  Harvey and Huey are in the process of being adopted!  WOO HOO!  I know you haven't heard me talk much about them, but they have been the caring hands of Kristin and her husband since I rescued them, separately, from Parsells Avenue this past summer.  They were very sick, and have had eye issues since.  After a gazillion vet appointments with their vet Dr. Parsons in Churchville, they are doing MUCH better, and, from what I hear, are VERY excited to go a new home, where they are the only critters around!  They can zip and zap around without fear of Kristin's one kitty, who is not so fond of the two.  :)

Hurray!
Tito aka DAVE

TITO Update:  (proof that cats and dogs get along!)

"Dave is doing great with the dogs! He is not scared of them at all, and for the most part he ignores them. He was pouncing on Sasha’s tail this weekend though 😂. The best thing is that Dave follows Piper everywhere! He absolutely loves her, and she loves him too when he’s not driving her nuts. Just this morning they were both sitting next to each other looking out the sliders, and she started licking his head and he instantly began to purr 💜. He is definitely part of the family and we adore him!"

BTW, did I mention, IZZY is Tito's brother!  JUST AS ADORABLE as TITO!  Lets get IZZY adopted!!!

On a MAD note, Mary Leigh Frank continues to trek over in the snow, and now, across the street where I've placed a very heavy wooden box shelter that Bob S. made me (thank you Bob!), and throw away the food.  She waits until a certain time, say after 5:30 am, and does it.  She needs to be warned by the police to stop doing it, and I have a feeling she will listen.  Until then, nothing will stop her. 

NEVER GIVE UP
"Obstacles don't have to stop you.  
If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.  
Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

1 comment:

  1. Dave/Tito is living the life! What a cutie. And hooray for Harvey and Huey on their adoption. So glad they'll be staying together!

    ReplyDelete