Tuesday, December 26, 2017

DEC 13TH!! GATES CHILI TEACHERS! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

DONNA SMITHTEACHERS AT GATES CHILI HIGH SCHOOL!!!  WOO HOO!!! You guys rock!  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Kristin mentioned that some of the teachers got together and pitched in and made a donation to help Feed a Cat (or two) for Christmas.  Thank you so much from the kitties!  You are all lucky.  YOU HAVE THE WEEK OFF!  I should have been a teacher!  :)  Thank you for helping to feed these poor kitty cats on the streets!

Be sure to click on pics to see up close

Central Park Christmas Eve morning

Third Street Christmas Eve morning

This morning - back to work day - could have started out a bit better.  I have not had trouble with you know who – I can’t even type her name I get so angry – ML walked over to my shelter, knowing I was just down the street after I had passed her, and pulled off the tarp covering the shelters and began to walk to her house, defiantly.  I pulled up to her street to block her from getting to her house and got out and grabbed it from her.  It was dragging, so there was enough tarp so I didn’t have to get close to her.  I told her she had gone too far, and called 911.  I got a cop that wasn’t the most sympathetic, lets put it that way.  She basically told me I had no rights to what I was doing because its not my land property – nothing would hold up in court, and that they (police) were tired of answering calls about me and ML.  We basically left it with her taking my info, saying she was going over there to talk to her, and I drove off to finish my spots in zero degree temps.  Just a sad feeling that this highly intelligent – yet shifty and cunning – with a mental illness, wins again.  She feels like she is invincible and no one can touch her, not even the law.  She won’t open the door for the police, so nothing gets done.  She can go back there any time again during any hour of the day and rip that off, and I can do nothing, but keep replacing the tarp for the family of cats that ‘live’ there, including that one black kitten.  Thank God I placed it there on Sunday, as Sunday was brutal for any living thing out there.  The winds were whipping and the snow was flying.  Welcome Old Man Winter.

ML
(taken over summertime after surprising her throwing away cat food)
Prior to this, it was a very busy weekend.  On Friday, I again had to deal with ML after she tore apart my shelters.  I called police, who said they would go over and talk to her.  I thought that was it.  Apparently nothing will stop her.

After that, I had to drive to Batavia – about 45 minutes from Rochester via the thruway – to bring Muffin to his new home.  As of today, after I inquired about his progress, his Dad wrote:  “Little by little, Liz spent several hours in the room last night just laying on the couch and finally he's come out on his own and went up to her to get pet.  Being patient, he's coming around and think he'll do fine when he trusts us.”  The trip there was a bit tricky, with snow falling and winds whipping across the pavement, and a car or two in ditches, I was white knuckling it the whole way.  I arrived to the warm looking house to find a couple of barking dogs, and another cat leeringly peeking out from its perch, wondering who in God’s name was this new creature in a box.  After bringing him to a room, Muffin was scared and once released, hid behind a couch.  Later that day, his new Mom came home to find Muffin, as a surprise for Christmas!   So little by little, he will come around.  I will continue to inquire about him until we know all is well.  He still has to meet his new siblings! 

Butterball

On Saturday, I received word that a family were very interested in Butterball, so on Sunday, Christmas Eve morning, Butterball was picked up in Caledonia, and brought to his perspective new family.  This family adopted TJ in June, and was now ready for a new sister for him.  Their older kitty Buddy had just passed away and they thought TJ was lonely.  I received a call late that night asking me to come get Butterball, because TJ was not loving it.    I don’t blame this family for their concern for TJ, but I do think that with time, it could have been a match.  I think in some cases, proper introductions should be made, whereas Butterball was let out to roam right away.  I blame myself for not insisting on this.    So back to Caledonia with Kim she went.  We need to find her a loving family.  She is very sociable, and would love a home with a sweet and loving kitty to keep her company, and be a playmate.

I had two families re neg on their meet and greets with Maize and Toebe.  That’s OK!  We will find a new family to love and enjoy them very soon.  I have one in the works for this Saturday, fingers crossed!

Maize & Toebe
Can you spot their faces?

Other than that, Saturday Sheryl and I went around and made sure the shelters were snug, and straw filled on Saturday morning.  The weather is dangerous this week for these animals, and I continue to make them as comfortable as possible, the ones that are using these shelters.  I wish some of them were smart enough to use them though.  Some of them run to me from all directions BUT the shelter.  Though it is gratifying to see them peek out FROM the shelters I’ve provided.


I strongly encourage everyone to place a shelter filled with straw outside their house, opening facing east as the storms come from the west.  Place a bowl of hot water and fill a bowl with food.  You are saving a life.  And thank you for doing it.

I've received a sweet picture of Izzy (now named Tyger), who was brought to his new home last week, reunited with his sister Stevie (now named Mary) - after some initial hesitation in seeing each other after a few weeks, here is how they roll now....  

Stevie and Izzy

Have a GREAT day.

“Love your enemies, for they tell you
your faults.”

No comments:

Post a Comment