Thursday, December 21, 2017

DECEMBER 10th!!! KATHY L.!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!

KATHY!  Thank you for helping me to feed a cat for Christmas!  Kathy L. is my neighbor's mom, and has been supportive of me even though I chewed her husband out many  years ago for cutting a burley bush next to my garage, in between our houses, soon after my neighbor moved in.  Little did I know I would come to love my neighbors, and her family too.  My neighbor's dad even made me a compost bin, and most recently, a shelter.  And the bush had never looked better.  I was just cranky that day, must be.  :)  Thank you so much Kathy, I appreciate you thinking of the cats on your shopping trip.  :)

This morning was dull, and quiet.  No sign of Mary Leigh doing any damage to the shelter.  When I went to inspect it, there was a little black kitten inside, hissing, and then bolted like there was no tomorrow.  Must be about 12 weeks or so.  Feral.  I felt so bad, but good knowing it spent the night cuddled into the straw.

It was not dull yesterday morning, however.  Miss ML - I hate to even say her name - was caught by my look out - :) - with a electric screw gun, trying to unhinge the shelter.  She was told to get away from there, whereby ML shouted some obscenities,. and walked back toward her home.  Meanwhile, I called 911 to make another report.  The officer showed up, did not write a report but said he would be going over there to speak to her.  We all know she won't answer the door, but I am sure she peeked out and saw the patrol car in front of her place.  I do not know what happened, but the shelter was intact this morning.  Then again, she can't 'peek out' because her porch is barricaded with wood, plastic sheeting, cardboard and such that she could not see out her front window.

I saw Crazy Lisa on Parsells this morning.  The difference between these two women is - Lisa is a nice person with a severe mental illness.  Nice, meaning underneath all that crazy wiring going on in her mind, and the torture she puts cats through - I am not sure if she understands she is hurting them by 'cleaning' them with ammonia, etc., and with Mary Leigh, she is just plain crazy mean.  She doesn't like anyone.  Lisa said to me this morning 'good morning Jeannie' and she sounded sweet, almost song-like.   Even though she put a rug under the shelters on the porch a few houses down, which makes no sense at all to me, but does to her - oh well.  No drama.  That's all I care about.

I will be filing charges against ML for vandalism and destruction of property - I will have an warrant issued for her arrest the next time.  Guaranteed.

GREAT NEWS!  Izzy has been adopted!  :)  The same sweet woman who adopted Stevie, now named Mary, wanted to give Izzy a test run. so I brought him to her home yesterday.  Her initial note to me was very cool.  Here is what she wrote:


I'm tempted to take Izzy.  I'd name him Tyger.  Spelled with a 'y', yes.  Named after one of William Blake's, also a romantic poet, poem:  "The Tyger"


Tyger Tyger, burning bright, / In the forests of the night; / What immortal hand or eye, / Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Last evening, I received the following:  "My King - Sir Tyger.  He's home."



Izzy now named Tyger

My heart melted.  I loved Izzy so much.  But I can't keep them all!

Butterball on the left

Butterball is going to a home on Saturday for a trial period.  His potential new mom and her family adopted TJ this summer.  They just lost their old guy Buddy, and TJ is feeling the loss.  Say a prayer that all goes well with Butterball!  His foster Mom, Kim, has been put through the ringer emotionally fostering, but she does it because she knows the value of fostering.  It saves another cat from certain death living on the streets.  Thank you Kim for all you do for me, and them!

Muffin is going to his new home tomorrow!  Hurray!

Now, I need to sift through the applications for Toebe and Maize and pick out the best family for them.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Izzy! (I was tempted to apply for him myself, but my cats said NO WAY!) So glad he has found a home.
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete