Friday, December 1, 2017

Thank God Its Friday (looooooonnnnnggggg week!)



Wednesday.  She did it again.  MaryLeigh Frank.  This time, she took the two shelters and they are gone.  It was also trash day in the city.  I am just devastated.  I am so sad for the cats, and the people that take the time to make these special shelters for them.   I saw a fluffy black kitten here this morning also.  Something needs to be done.  I need help.  Now.

The Garson shelters were removed from the porch of the vacant house also.  I found them in the neighbor's back yard.  I walked over in the dark and retrieved those.  The trash bin of the vacant house had been put to the curb with stuff that looked like the house was worked on, and my board was leaning against it.  I would like to speak to the neighbor and find out what's what with that.  These are good large Styrofoam boxes that I don't want to lose.  I left one in the back yard until I can figure out what to do, and one is tucked under the porch, where the lattice had fallen over, which I replaced for now so that the shelter cannot be seen.  Two to three sweet cats run to me here each morning.

This sweet, black unneutered male is all over the place.

NIAGARA Street
Ike, Tito and Sergio have been neutered/spayed as of yesterday and are settling in quite nicely in their new homes.  Thank you to their mommies for keeping me updated on their progress. These once feral kittens are turning the corner to sweet and cuddly kittens.  Izzy certainly is.  Stevie is still taking a bit of time, but when you do grab her and hold her, she is a purr machine.  These two need adoption.

I have several folks coming over on Saturday to check out the kittens.  Fingers crossed!



As I pulled up to the spot on Central Park this morning, four kitties came running to me.  I thought to myself, these precious animals, they need homes.  One has been hanging around for about a month now.  He had one of those plastic/rubber flea collars on.  He must have been someone's once.  He has the multi toe thing going on.  He is very very sweet.  I watch him come out of the beautiful wooden shelters that were made by Patty and Todd, and placed here to make a tiny village for them.  There are about four large wooden shelters, large enough to hold four or five cats.  There is a large board covering them, with a tarp over that.  These sit on pallets, with boards covering the slats.  Its perfect, but what a lonely existence for a cat.  I've been feeding the same two tabbies for years now here, and now we have the stray, and also a black and white Sylvester look-a-like.  He is friendly too.  I just wish we had more people wanting to adopt these precious animals.

In the meantime, I will continue to do my best.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!

"Bless my eyes
to see goodness.
Bless my words
to speak kindness.
Bless my heart
to feel compassion.
Bless my soul
to radiate love."


1 comment:

  1. Hey J !

    What would happen if you PADLOCKED the shelter with a chain to a tree ?
    Does that present a legal problem ?
    Would the shelter be ripped apart to get it off the chain ?
    Is it illegal to permanently lock something to trees on city property ?

    ReplyDelete