Tuesday, December 19, 2017

DECEMBER 9th! Joy C. L.!!! Feed a Cat for Christmas!!

Thank you Joy!  Joy - how did we meet...  I am not sure.  Did she start to read my blog?  Facebook?  Nevertheless, boy am I thankful.  Joy offered to foster for me.  Kittie’s name was Domino.  I had rescued him off the street, and he had to go back, but Joy saw something in him that said, he is a good boy, and will eventually come around from his feral habits from living on the streets too long.  She fostered him, and wound up adopting him! 

DOMINO

Domino passed away a year or so ago, but will be forever loved by me and Joy, and Joy’s family, who became Domino’s family!~  Joy’s mom adopted a white kitty I rescued from Second Street many years ago - Lacey. 

LACY

The family has been good to me, and I am grateful, forever, to them all.   Thank you for helping me to Feed a Cat for Christmas!

I forgot to mention, I rescued another kitty last week!  Copper!  The pretty copper colored young cat hanging around Syd and Johnny’s on Bay Street for the last month or two.  Actually, I couldn’t have done it without a foster, or someone to step up, as I still have some kitties that need adopting and my fosters are full.  Hearthside Cats, God bless them, saw her on a post or two back on this blog, and offered to take Copper in, so Thursday morning, with one fell swoop, I got her and she didn’t make a peep.  I am still waiting to hear how she makes out at the vet appointment they have scheduled for her.

Speaking of Second Street, I received a call from a kind black man on Second Street who has allowed me to shelter cats behind his house for many many years.  He has a cat of his own.  Paul is just a kind man, that's all I can say.  He is retired from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, I believe he used to detail the patrol cars.  Paul lives in a ramshackle little house, with a ramshackle falling down garage, and holes in his roof.  He has no spare money, but has offered to pay monthly on a roof, within reason.  He's only been able to have someone patch here and there.  I've always said, if I win any money in the lottery, Paul would be the first person I would help.  

Paul called me yesterday and told me he is flat on his back, has been, and is having surgery in the near future.  Sciatica or something....   He asked if ever something happened to him, would I take his cat.  Ugggh.  I told him nothing was going to happen to him and to not talk like that.  I also offered to help him.  Shovel his steps if it snows, and I am also bringing him a bag of cat food and litter, and some groceries today.  I feel if you are good to the me/cats, I am good to you.  God bless Paul.  

Mary Leigh's Destruction Again..  121917





Well, guess what.  Mary Leigh.  She did it again.  Even after getting an official warning on Friday.  I am going to have her arrested.  Here is what I found this morning.  This huge humongous shelter was moved and the lid flipped open, all the straw inside wet, and the other shelter turned on its top, as has been the usual.  Food thrown out.  Tomorrow is trash day, I am thinking she is going to move Shelter #2 again tomorrow to the curb, with the trash collectors not knowing that they are throwing this out, again.  I will be calling the police tomorrow morning.  Today buying a lock for the lid on the huge brown shelter you see.  That is the one this nice couple brought me all the way from Marion Sunday morning.  This woman has terrorized me and those poor cats that have nothing and nowhere to go and feel safe in.  The food is gone for them.  I am so sick and tired of all this.  She is using her mental illness to her advantage in this situation.

"That best portion of a
good man's life;
His little, nameless, 
unremembered acts of
kindness and of love. "

1 comment:

  1. Arrest her! Using a mental illness as a weapon against others is a horrible game to play. Keep being strong. Saving these cats is emotionally draining in itself. Dealing with Mary Leigh must be excruciating.

    ReplyDelete