Friday, September 22, 2017

Wanna Buy Some Paint?

Today is a vacation day for me.  For work.  That's it.  I don't get a vacation from having to get up at an ungodly hour and go out into the dark, where danger lurks around each corner, where critters run wild - just this week saw a hedgehog, or was it a platypus, or was it a beaver...  saw plenty of skunks, pretty much face to face, and fed a raccoon his own dish this morning just so that the other cats around could get some food.  It was a baby, and he just wouldn't scare away.  There are the cobwebs I blindly walk through, with God only knows the spider that was in it.  There was the dog that petrified me to no end after sort of chasing me, there were the gunshots two weeks ago.  Its insane.  So no, no break for me.

This morning it was the Spanish guy walking up to me on Central and Second that helped me remove some boards to get to the dying kitten in the shelter last week.  Today he was selling two cans of paint - yes, a pretty green.  If I had the money on me, I would have just given it to him, as I told him.  I also told the same thing to Homeless Will.  He came walking down the street after seeing me, he needed $4 for a burger.  We talked as we walked to feed the cats under the post box on the corner.  A car came around the corner, a girl screamed out - 'you better not mess with the Cat Woman!' - oh the characters out there..  :)  I said to Will all I can do is give you a ride somewhere Will.  I told him if I had it I would give it to him.   He's a nice guy.  He said I was making him cry after I told him that.  I gave him a hug.  Told him that was all I had for him today.  Pretty sad.

On Parsells, there are now four kittens.  They are beautiful.  One I am able to now pick up.  THIS is what happens when you aren't allowed to maintain a colony properly.  Without being able to feed and shelter, you can't know whats going on, or where there is a pregnant cat giving birth to kittens.  Now they are desperate when I pull up, so much so that they are bold enough to come while I am pouring.  What am I do to with them?  I suppose I am going to pick up the one that allows me to and put in a carrier and bring him home.  He is sort of feral, maybe he is just letting me pick him up because he is desperate.  They are gorgeous cats - soft greys, fluffy greys, this friendlier one is buff red.  I've posted their picture before, will have to find it.

I will also be thinking and planning the fundraiser, which I am hoping will be a piece of cake.   Thanks to Tracy for dropping off the gift baskets yo are donating.  Tracy is a great neighbor.  She's going to have a little bambino soon, so she wanted to drop off before it comes.  Thank you to Jackie for sending me the gift card - and to the others telling me their plans for gift cards and other items to donate for baskets, and the raffle table where hopefully lots of fun and useful items will be stacked.

PS, Ellis goes to her new home tomorrow, Lulu goes to her new home in two weeks, and Sammy will be met by someone tomorrow who hopefully will fall in love with him.  Gracie is still without a family, and so is Sebastian and Martie.  Greeley has been adopted by her foster mom, but she is not a foster failure!  She is still willing to foster!  :)  I love ya Kim!







Jose is still a kitten, and so gentle and sweet.  He loves to cuddle up under the blanket when I am on the couch each morning.  He would love a forever home.










Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. Hey J !
    The hedgehog you saw is most likely a ground hog.
    Hedgehogs only live in Great Britain and european countries.
    Platypuses are only in Australia.
    Dont worry about the spider webs. At the time you are out all the spiders have gone to bed and the webs are empty.
    (Although I'll bet a few spiders have had a heart attack thinking "My gawd what a bug I must be catching !" when you run into them.)
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. we HAVE to get together about the fud raiser! And if I can help with the PArsells kitties, I will. <3

    ReplyDelete