Thursday, September 7, 2017

Time is Ticking

Before I have to remove shelters from an area that I have been feeding in for over 8 years now.  There have been many cats at this location, many have come and gone, many have been rescued, one in particular is Teddy, who had some kind of rat ulcer?  Is that what they call it?  His lip was weird.  That's all I know.  And he was the one cat I had that had lice - a rather rare occurrence in cats.  They usually just have fleas.  Gross.  I know.


TWO CUTIES!  :)
His new family are now wanting a little buddy for Teddy, so we shall see who might be a good fit for him.  They want a kitten, of course.  Never mind that the adult kitties are EXCELLENT companions, but that's fine.  We still have a few kittens left!  :)

Wait, back to what I was saying in the beginning.  There have been two other houses that housed these cats on their porches, or back yards, in shelters, for all these years.  Behind the one house, the gay couple moved out, and the property managers moved in and trashed all the shelters.  Home to many!

Wait, back to what I was saying in the beginning.  There have been two other houses that housed these cats on their porches, or back yards, in shelters, for all these years.  Behind the one house, the nice gay couple moved out (they allowed me to shelter behind their side of the house), and the property managers moved in and trashed all the shelters.  Home to many!  So I moved everything to the only vacant house around down the street, and eventually the cats came.  I had shelters on the porch there for a few years – every once in a while the City would come by and trash everything, and eventually the house sold to a man who kicked me out for good.  I placed a few shelters just a few months ago at the house next door under the bushes.   And now they want me gone.  I’ve just got to figure this out.  I have until Saturday.  

Before I forget, I want to share that I now have my own website!  Thanks to a few nice girls from University of Buffalo that created it for their class assignment (which by the way, they received an A!).  IT was finished by some help of a very dear person in my life, and by a donation by the webmaster.  I can't thank them enough for getting it up and running for me. 


I am so proud to get the word out there about the stray and homeless cats in the Beechwood section of Rochester.  We must get them off these streets, one by one.  



Kudos to my co-worker Crystal for putting together a fundraiser for me - a yoga class!  Here is some more information on that.  Click on to see up close.



Following that is Crystal's blog, which is chock full of great travel stuff.  Check it out!


Once again, I want to thank everyone that has done something for the cats, or for me to help the cats.  From fostering, to adopting, to dropping off food or having delivered, to sending toys for the kittens this summer, for bringing kittens to the vets when desperately needed to be seen, for donating your hard earned money to the clinic for spay/neuters, for helping with the fundraisers, for the batteries, for the headlamps, for attending the fundraisers, for your condolences on the loss of so many of the kitties I care for, for your sweet notes on cards sent to me, for the shelters you've provided, for the shelters you've built, for the anonymous flowers I receive each year, for the nominations for awards from the city, for every little thing you've done.  I just cannot continue this mission without you.  Love love love to all.

Have a great day!

"Life is only as good
as the people you get
to share it with."

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice of your coworker to do the yoga fundraiser for the cats! I hope they get a huge turnout.
    The students did a great job on your website! Thanks to the webmaster, too, for donating the site.

    ReplyDelete