Friday, September 8, 2017

A Girls Gotta Do What A Girls Gotta Do

Kitty on Central This Morning

Kitties on Garson This Morning

Out alone this morning, I kept thinking how the weather, in about a months time, is going to be quite different.  I am still going out dressed in my little mini skort, pink boots and hospital top (short sleeves).  The skort is convenient because it has the perfect pocket to fit my cell phone in.  Its not been good though with the pill I’ve been putting in the same pocket that keeps falling out and I am losing it.  Its a doxycycline pill I carry to give to one particular cat on Parsells who’s not looked well in his face for quite a while, and I think that I can fix it with some medicine.  But I keep losing the pill.  The precious pill.  Medicine for cats is precious to me, I’ve spent a good fortune on it in my lifetime, and a major chunk of that this past summer.  Last evening when I got home from work I spent half an hour going to through this huge bag I have of various cat medicines, creams, salves, ointments, pills, some I don’t even know what they are because there is no label on the pill bottles.  I was trying to find Mertazapine – an appetite stimulant that I desperately need to give to Baylee.  He was seen Tuesday, and after bloodwork, it was determine his liver ??? whatever ??? was sky high.  Very abnormal.  All other tests came back good.  He has lost two pounds though in the past month and half since he was seen prior.  He constantly WANTS to eat, and does, but he doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger.  His backbone is skeletal.  I cannot go the route they suggested – a CT scan (or scope?) – too expensive, so will try to treat with medicines – I need to go pick up Baytril, another drug they mentioned, and now Mertazapine.  Poor guy.  I don’t know how I am going to give it to him either.  I’m sort of fearful when I have to shove pills down the throat of an animal that has very very sharp teeth.  He does eat all of the baby food I’ve been treating him with. 

I am in need of straw, not necessarily even a whole bale, just a few large bags of it.  I am in need of black or brown spray paint, to cover Styrofoam shelters that need to be hidden in bushes, etc.  I am in need of extra-large camouflage tarps, heavy duty, rain proof.
 
Sebastian has the most daintiest feet and legs I've ever seen!
“Sebastian” went to his foster home last evening.  Toni has adopted quite a few adult cats from me in the past, and she loves black cats.  He is the most mellow sweetheart I’ve ever had.  Boy is he GRATEFUL to be off the streets, especially Niagara Street, where I pulled up this morning, and the owner of the building must have been by after I left yesterday to cut the small parcel of grass behind where the large shelter structure was that housed at least 8 cats each winter were, that he destroyed.  I noticed this morning that he threw out my topless tote I had placed there that housed the food for the cats so that it wouldn’t get soaked when it rains as its been doing just about every day recently.  Nice.  A very kind and compassion man, isn’t he.  This building will be sitting there for ages.  Its run down.  And he can’t allow these animals, that have nothing, a safe place to go.


I have people coming over to meet Gracie’s kittens this weekend, along with Nugget. Wish me luck.
GRACIE!

GREELEY!

Please remember Greeley, Gracie and Sebastian, all needed good homes as well.

Prayers for the Animals, and People, affected by these hurricanes...

Have a nice day.

"Lord of all compassion
We pray for all of those caught up 
in the midst of tragedy or disaster.
For those who have lost life
and those working to save life
For those who are worried for people they love
For those who will see their loved ones no longer
Lord Have Mercy.
For those in need of the peace
that passes all understanding
For all who turn to you in the midst of turmoil
For those who cry out to you in fear and in love
Lord Have Mercy.
For those in confusion and those in despair
For those whose tears are yet to dry
For those in need of your unending love
Lord Have Mercy
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment