Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Did It Again!

I keep thinking its Thursday.  I can’t wait for Thursday actually because I have off from work on Friday, and its been a while and I really need to regroup myself!  I might even have time to go to the movies this weekend! 

MARTIE!
Look what I did this morning!  First, I could not have done it without my faithful foster Kim passing my plight on to others.  She mentioned me to her hairdresser, and lo and behold, her hairdresser offered to foster!  When we spoke, I told her the challenges, and all that is involved, and she committed herself to it.  I waited for just the right opportunity, and cat, and Amanda will now be in charge of MARTIE to foster and care for!  J  I was thrilled beyond belief.

This cat was probably the easiest rescue I’ve done that I can remember.  He runs from two blocks down when he hears the Jeep coming down the street at 4 am. on Melville.  He sidles up against my leg so that he is practically standing on his two back legs.  He is just the NICEST, sweetest boy.  I had TNR’d him on June 27th this past summer.  It was hard to do.  The vet had made note that he was very thin, and they gave him fluids.  I didn’t want to release him, but I was in the thick of kitten season, and I didn’t have a foster for him besides.  His fur is pure white, but dirty.  I can’t wait to get him cleaned up and posing for pictures.  He is dewormed, deflead, and as of tomorrow, will be combo tested, and ready for a forever home!  Please consider him!  A true love!

I had to let the kittens back out this morning.  It killed me.  Just as I suspected, the calico was a girl, and the other two boys.  I am so grateful to Lollypop Farm for getting them in at the last minute.   Little Gadget was released back to Garson, where he has brothers and sisters that I still need to get fixed, and the red and calico, Payton and Paxton, were released back to Garson.  They were so small, and feral, and very hard to let back into the wild to fend for themselves.  Someone trashed my shelters on the other side of the fence on the city lot there again.  This time I left a note.

Every day I face challenges that people will tell me to stop feeding the cats there, or will trash my shelters.  Its such an act of cruelty when they do this.  They are hurting innocent homeless creatures.  Who have nothing else.  Karma baby.

That’s it for today. 


Make it a good one.


2 comments:

  1. This kitty is very special.
    His pure white coat signifies that he is an angel and is ready for a clean start.
    How lucky that you finally are able to rescue him.
    I can hear a bell ringing in heaven already as his foster mom takes him in.
    Whoever gets to be his Furever home will be truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a sweetheart and has a gentle expression on his face. Thank you to your foster volunteer for taking him!

    ReplyDelete