Wednesday, September 27, 2017

How Catty of You...

Catty McWagner
Catty is now bratty Catty.  What a good boy he is.  I decided I could not return him to the streets, he is way too sweet.  He hissed and growled at me when I let him out of the carrier he came back in from the clinic.  He was still heavily drugged from the surgery.  He could barely stand on four feet.  He wobbled all of the place.  I should have kept him in the carrier a bit longer.  I thought 'oh no, he may not really be the sweet kitten I rescued hours earlier.'  I gave him some time to chill, and check on him every half hour.  Before I went to bed, I went in and sat with him.  He leapt up onto my lap and started to purr.  He then began to nuzzle his head under my neck.  I thought, wow, this is a sweetheart.  I can’t let him go.  I then went out to check on the other kitty, Pilsner, and gave him the food and water he hadn’t had most likely since the morning before.  Pilsner was very quiet in the trap, where he remained so until this morning when  I had to put him in the jeep to return him to the streets.  I noticed when I let him out he was completely soaked.  I know he spilled a small dish of water I had placed in the trap for overnight, but I didn’t think that would cover his coat.  I am a bit upset, thinking maybe there is something wrong with him.  Can a cat sweat out of fear, or illness?   Nevertheless, it was heartbreaking to have to let him go, as they all are.  But no more babies on his clock.
Now to get Catty into foster, or adopted!

In the meantime, here is a great update from Whitey/Martie’s new mom, Amanda: 

“He is SPOILED!  He is not like a cat and more like a dog or 2 year old child…  he follows you around wherever you go trotting right next to you.  Even if he is sound asleep and y ou move to another room he comes running like he might miss something.  He loves belly rubs and loved to be carried around on his back like a baby… and he licks us to death all of the time.  Chad has named him Simon.  He has also become best buddies with my cat Hamilton who is very shy and never comes upstairs and in the last two days we have seen more of Hamilton than we have in the last two years.  Hamilton chills with Simon all day and night everywhere but downstairs!  What a change its made in my kitty too!  I love him, thank you!”


Love hearing this stuff.

Another great update is from Kim, Greeley's new mom:

Greeley pre-rescue

"Greeley is called Gigi or Greeley girl and has learned her name.  Every day she shows more and more of who she is.  She has started to sleep in bed with us at least part of the night.  She was grooming one of her brothers for the first time yesterday.  She is just blossoming.  I’ll bet she has gained a good 1.5 to 2 pounds since you rescued her.  We adore her!"

Greeley Now!
 Now lets get some more happy ending stories on Jose, Fudgie, Sebastian, and Gracie!

JOSE!

FUDGIE!


SEBASTIAN!

Have a great day!

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."

3 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME post today J !
    So happy for Martie and Gigi !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story about Simon and Hamilton! So precious. Was wondering if Simon has blue eyes, as you know white cats with blue eyes are usually deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible those stories are. It's amazing what love can do.

    ReplyDelete