Friday, September 15, 2017

T G I F.

Don't know any better way to say that and express how glad I am for a break.  Although no break will it be for me.  Its nothing but running the entire weekend.  I am going to curl up in a hole next weekend and just stay there.  I will poke a little hole big enough for a wine bottle to be slipped through, and some ice of course, and will just stay there.  And I won't even bring my phone to that little hole.  Just me and my wine bottle.  No kittens, no cats, no phone.   Just me and my wine bottle.

It was a quiet morning out there, I whipped through my rounds with ease, unlike yesterday where I had to skip one location because of obvious raccoons running rampant, of course circled back to it on my way home and placed food down, and another spot where this persistent little head kept popping from behind the fence at the auto station on Bay.  I tried throwing water at it, but it just waited around the corner for me to leave so it could gobble up black mama kitty's food when I left.  I do place more than one bowl there, so hopefully they both got to eat, although there is now two other cats I've seen recently, just yesterday a little wide eyed short haired young black thing was peeping from the tires looking at me.

At the Parsells location, where I was asked to move the shelters from under the bushes because of the raccoons scaring the residents upstairs off when they go to get in their car....  (eye roll)...  there are two kittens that I've been feeding, here is a picture of one.  Kittens are much smaller than they look in this picture.  I am now managing to pet it.  I picked it up by the scruff, but I don't have a plan so I need to think about it.  Meanwhile, with each pat, its trusting me more.


You can see the other kitten on the bottom right.
I think that is mama next to her.
At Central, where I rescued the severely injured kitten two mornings ago, there are two kittens left.  Both grey tabby beauties, but distrustful of me still.  I MUST trap here, and there, and over there.  There are so many spots I feed at that I see unneutered cats.  I must build my shelters up for the winter also in the next month.  I need help with this, for sure.



Finally, here is another reminder of my upcoming fundraiser.  I sure could use all the help and donations I can get.  It will be fun!  Spread the word!

Have a great day!





1 comment:

  1. Hope your weekend is a good one. Try to get in a nap or two, with kitties, of course!

    ReplyDelete