Thursday, September 14, 2017

One Potato Two Potato Three Potato Four

No rhyme nor reason for that title.  It just came into my warped mind.  And I couldn't think of anything clever for today's post.

I wanted to share with you something that has weighed heavily on my mind for over a month now.  I had two rescued kittens test positive for leukemia.  This was the very worst news.  I went into a deep, dark and sorrowful state of mind for a month.  I was told to wait thirty days and get retested.  I was so distraught thinking that at the end, if they were positive, I would have to put them to sleep because I would not want to have a kitten have to be isolated from other cats.  And finding a home with no other cats - that will take in a cat in the first place - is just about impossible.  As chance would have it, that home was right next door to me for one of the kittens.  My neighbors offered to take Taco in while we waited out the thirty days.  Two weeks after, they told me they wanted to adopt him regardless of the outcome.   Boy did I get lucky.   And so did Taco.  So the past month proved to be challenging to say the least when you already have a household of your own cats.  Constantly moving kitten from one room to another so it doesn't die of boredom, cleaning that room so that the other cats can't catch anything - watching it sadly as you leave the room, knowing you can't stay in the room forever just to keep kitten company...  Guilt not being with kitten for very long because you have a life outside that room.  It was a hard thing to do.

TACO
But the hardest thing to do was bringing both kittens to the vet yesterday, and having them retested. Fingernails bitten, heart pounding, the results came back.  Negative.  I have never been so happy.  I wanted to shout to the world about it.  My babies were negative.  I first called my neighbors to give them the good news.  They were elated.  I then opened the door to the house and set kitten free.  This was Tuesday.

FUDGIE
As of today, I've never seen a kitten more happier in my entire life.  He never stops running from one end of the house to the other, batting his toys around, wrestling with the adult kitties...   Fudgie is one very very very very happy kitten.  And I am one very very very very happy girl to have rescued them both, and know that they are disease free, and will live long and happy lives.

So that's that.

Have a great day.

"There is sunshine in my soul today."



4 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME !
    So will Fudgie be up for adoption now ? He looks really cute !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm so glad both kittens passed the test! I didn't they had tested positive. That must have been a horrible wait. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an awesome day for sure.. you deserved a break. and so did the babies..

    ReplyDelete