Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TNR Tuesday!

NUGGET this morning
So this morning I set two traps.  One at the location on Parsells where the kind man is allowing me to feed so that I can trap.  This is the spot where Harvey and Huey were rescued.  Mom is still not spayed.  I must get her.  But boy are they smart.  I set it and did my rounds, came back an hour and half later, still nothing.  I set the other at Ferndale and Webster.  Yesterday I thought I spotted a black pregnant cat.  Nothing there.  When I circled back at this spot, the trap door had shut.  No cats around.  I did however, spot a note left for me, which was signed by ‘a neighbor next door’ – actually I believe its some busy body that moved not too long ago that spotted me feeding there from across the street one early morning.  It stated she would continue to throw away the food I am leaving there because its attracting rats.  This is where I was dealing with Crazy Marilee for so many years.  I left a pamphlet from Alley Cat Allies stating how to get along with community cats, and a note stating she is doing more harm to the neighborhood by doing that, that I was trapping and getting cats fixed, and that she needed to leave my stuff alone.  We’ll see how long this CAT and MOUSE game goes on.  

Its a constant battle for me out there.  Constant.  How would you like it if someone were to tell you to stop doing something, every day of your life, just beating you down when you are trying to help out God's desperate creatures?  To get up and go out every day of my life in the dark, in the hood, and take a beating.  Its not fun my friends.  I appreciate your encouragement, I could use more for sure.

I did bring in a kitten today though.  From where?  My mother has a colony of cats in Webster that she is feeding at her house – she and her neighbor.  We’ve fixed a few and then surprise!  Kittens at her doorstep!  Too wild, but this little boy, or girl, will be fixed today.  ‘Janie’ is about 5-6 months old.


JANIE
I am continuing to leave food down on Parsells where I’ve been booted from again, because there are two kittens there that I at least need to get fixed.  They are starving each morning.  Now they have no shelter.  I am still trying to call for them from the street behind the house, Melville, to try to get them to migrate over there.  But no luck yet. 

Irma is at the vet right now having a combo test done.  Prayers are welcome.


Is there any good news today?  Well, from my end, I am walking, talking, breathing, have a job, my house has not flooded or blown away, no one in my circle has died, and for that, life is still good.

For Every Hill I’ve Had to Climb

For every hill I’ve had to climb,
For every stone that bruised my feet,
For all the blood and sweat and grime,
For blinding storms and burning heat
My heart sings a grateful song –
These were the things that made me strong!

For all the heartaches and the tears,
For all the anguish and the pain,
For gloomy days and fruitless years,
And for the hopes that lived in vain,
I do give thanks, for now I know
These were the things that helped me grow!

‘Tis not the softer things of life
Which stimulate man’s will to strive;
But bleak adversity and strife
Do most to keeps man’s will alive.
O’er rose-strewn paths the weaklings creep,
But brave hearts dare to climb the steep.

3 comments:

  1. It is so unfortunate that we still live in a world where so many humans have zero compassion for God's "critters". Only for themselves.

    You are my hero.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work J !
    The cats love you for it !
    Just ask Boss cat Topper.
    He will tell anyone who asks (well you have to be able to speak "cat")
    That he was the one to convince every one of the Parsells cats to let you trap them.
    Its probably the reason any of the Parsells cats left wont go in the trap because no one is there to tell them what to do.
    :)

    ReplyDelete