Tuesday, September 26, 2017

TNR Tuesday!

ME!

It was another HOT morning.  70 degrees, but I am NOT complaining.  I KNOW what is coming down the pike, and it ain’t pretty.  Well, its pretty, but not when I have to shovel it for the cats to get in and out of their shelters.  I can handle anything, but the cats can’t. 

Today was TNR Tuesday.  I was allotted two slots today.  I set a trap at Parsells #2, near where the kittens I am hoping to catch are, and the next one down at the 3rd Parsells location, next to the business that is kindly allowing me to feed and trap there.  I also set two kitten traps on Baldwin and Grand.  I spotted a baby calico kitten there Sunday morning, and haven’t seen it since. Only one of those kitten traps worked.  Something went in and ate the tuna, and came out without getting trapped.  Darn!  Anyone able to fix traps out there?

PILSNER from Parsells


I went back to Parsells #2 spot, and got Pilsner, a grey tabby.  Feral is my guess.  Pretty unhappy was my guess.

CATTY!
I went to check on the kitten traps again, and this little black kitten ran right up to me.  Grabbed it, and in you go into the carrier!  Its at the clinic now, and I hate to return it.  I am having it leukemia tested though, so we will see.  I need a foster at least, if no one wants to adopt?

I have been ‘helping’ a friend from the hood, Paul, who lives on Second Street, with his roof.  Thanks to the kindness of a few individuals who offered assistance to help him with his dilapidated roof, he is speaking to the district leader of his neighborhood about using grant money to fix it.  Thanks Scott for giving him this information personally.  Paul has allowed me to feed and shelter cats in his back yard for many years.  A kind, retired from the city, gentleman.  I always said, if I ever won the lottery, he would be one of the first people I would help.  Build him a whole new house.  I hope this works out for him.  Water is coming right into his bathroom when it rains.  No thanks to the jerk I recommended – the one that did my own roof.   He did a half-assed job and I will never recommend him again to anyone.


Otherwise, it was a tame morning.  Its going to be a great day! 

"Pain is real.  But so is hope."


3 comments:

  1. Hey J,
    Do the kitten traps have a floor plate that trips the doors ?
    If the kitten is too light, he can go in and chow down without activating the floor plate.
    You can do two things if thats the case :
    1. Put a little weight in the trap to "pre-load" the floor plate. Like a rock. You will need to experiment with how big a rock is needed. You want to make it more sensitive, but not activate for the rock (unless there is a way to spay or neuter a rock - LOL)
    2. Wait for the kitten to get about 1 week older so its heavy enough to trigger the trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame about the roof. It's so hard to find trustworthy people to do repair work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bend the trap trigger out a little bit with a pair of pliers, but not so much that it slips off without having weight(kitten) stepping on the plate. You can also experiment with setting the trigger right on, or close to, the end, just dont push it ALL the way back.

    ReplyDelete