Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday Couldn't Come Sooner!

Whirlwind weekend.  It began with delivering two little cuties out to Newark.  Little River and Yawnie went to their new homes, and what a home they went to!  Set in the country, with a large pond to look out at from the bay windows, all the toys and climbing towers in the world, and two parents who are going to love them dearly.  They are changing their names, of course!  I will keep you posted on their names.   These two kittens make three of Gracie's babies leave their nest.  Harley was the first to go, and I visited him on my way to Newark on Saturday.  His new family loves him to pieces, and he looks quite content.  We now have Sammy and Lulu left.  Ellis will be brought to her new home the weekend after her spay on October 5th.

I then raced back home to pick up little Nugget.  God I miss that boy already.  I brought him to his new home, where he had a whole slew of family waiting for him.   His new dad, and I think Mom (step mom?), his dad's grandparents, and his Mom's mom.  They were very excited to meet him, but Nugget was a bit shy and didn't want anything to do with it that first day.  Last report from yesterday morning was that he was curled up on Dad's lap, but still a bit fearful, so hiding. He is also on the tail end of a cold, so hoping to get a good medical report quickly also.  (PS, his new mom is a nurse!  Bonus!).

My weekend ended on a high note with my sweet and beautiful niece Amy getting married.  It was a tearful and joyous union.  I wish nothing but the best for this once little girl who's been through hell and back.  Back is the key word.  Love you Missy!  Behave!


Its getting closer to the fundraiser, and I am getting nervous that I won't be able to pull it off this time.  I need to get my @#$@# together.  If anyone would like to help out, please PM me.  I sure could use it.

Its been quiet each of the mornings I go out in the dark to feed SO many cats.  They are so happy to see me each day.  In spite of what they must endure for the next 23 hours and 55 minutes after I leave them, they still endure.

Have a great day all.

"I smile every chance I get.
It's not that life has been 
easy, perfect, or exactly as I
had anticipated, but I choose
to be happy and grateful for
all the good things I do have
and all the problems I know I
don't have."



No comments:

Post a Comment