Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Double Trouble

Well, update from earlier this morning.  I apparently did not have any spots at the clinic this morning, and here I set two traps, and trapped three kittens.  They are now on standby at the clinic and I am praying to God that they can be spayed and neutered this morning.  I cannot fathom having to return three kittens to the streets without vetting them first.  And I could not keep them until the next surgery date, they are feral.  Fingers crossed that they can get them done today.  I obviously messed up big time thinking I had TNR spots through fall each week at the Bay Street clinic.

Gadget from Garson

PARSELLS Kittens (Paxton and Peyton)
But here they are.  Poor little things.  There are more kittens on Garson where that one came from. And I didn't even know about the young ones below on Parsells.  I was trying to trap the mom of Harvey and Huey.

Quiet this morning other than the unleashed pit bull that started to come after me on Melville.  Now THAT was a scare.  I ran to the Jeep, but he didn't come around the corner.  Just barked.  I was fearful for the cats as well.  But he didn't seem interested in them.

On Central and Second, where the poor little injured sick kitten was rescued and put to sleep last week, I was greeted by 'HEY Cat Woman!" by a rather large woman just hanging on the steps to at the park just down a ways.  I yelled Hey back.

I also stopped at the City Garden I have on Pennsylvania to see the garden, and if I had tomatoes there, and if I needed to cut the grass.  Upon inspection, I began to walk back to the Jeep and noticed a small potato chip bag rustling near the road.  I thought, is that a kitten inside?  Nope, it was this big fat rat.  So, you tell me, there is no cat food around, just people's trash.  THIS IS WHY THERE ARE RATS!!!

Rat scurrying across grass

Rat in potato chip bag



Again, please pray that these TNRs are done today.  UPDATE, they cannot do.  LOLLYPOP CAN today!  Animal Hospital of Rochester on University Avenue was able to get me in TOMORROW, but now I don't need to use them.  But thank you for being there AHR!!!!



O God, you have redeemed all creation
through the incarnation of your eternal Word;

Protect our pets, your creatures,
who provide us with joy
and nonjudgmental companionship;
Give us respect
for all of your redeemed creation,
that we may care for creation
as just and humble stewards;
We pray this in the name of the same Word, Jesus Christ,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and forever. 


2 comments:

  1. Rats are so disgusting !
    Try to get clearer pictures of the rats. Then you can show the property owners that there are STILL rats even with NO cat feeding going on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. how big are Paxton and peyton?

    ReplyDelete